PDA

View Full Version : I have just decided to deal with it (dd co-sleeping)

Oliveshoots
09-12-2005, 07:39 AM
del

Irene
09-12-2005, 09:04 AM
hey I thought you were the one giving me sleep advice! :giggle j/k but I know about the 3+ years of sleep deprivation... not good at all.

I also dont sleep well on my side because my hips got all out of whack with the birth, I got adjusted some, but still cant handle it too much.

I would say try to continue with the routine, but be flexible too ;) she probably is just recovering from the cold and not feeling well, and trying to get the extra antibodies and also some extra comfort :heart

Even if you do decide to cosleep, I think that not nursing all night is a reasonable expectation :) can you unlatch her when shes done? you said she has a paci, can you just use that when shes done nursing, or, :shifty use that to help transition from so many nursings all night?

I think too, that 8 months they are going through some big transitions too. As far as knowing if its a need or not, I think listen to your intuition :) she is sick, or getting over it, so she probably doesnt feel good and doesnt know how else to make herself feel better. you said excema, is she allergic to food or something else? how are you treating it? I know Punkie said her son was itchy even when it wasnt flaring up, so could that be a possibility?

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Oliveshoots
09-12-2005, 09:15 AM
del

Irene
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
See, perfect example of how I can give advice, but then I'm always running into another problem of my own :lol yeah I know, I do the same thing :shifty

Ds didnt like his sheets and crib mattress either, I laid a fleecey blanket in there for him, and that was a bit better. I really do wonder about her skin though :think especially being restless and not wanting to be swaddled....

I will think some more today :) hopefully others will have some good tips too :)

Rbonmom
09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I was just reading a section about this in Dr Sears, "The Baby Book". He suggested having alternate methods of comforting baby back to sleep so that they don't rely on just bf'd each time. He suggested dad help in the comforting or that the baby be on dad's side for a few night to get out of the habit of bf'd in order to get back to sleep. I know for my ds sometimes he was smelling me and that was waking him up to want to eat, when he slept closer to dh, he slept much more soundly. HTH.

Earthylady
09-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Teething can increase night nursings too. That's a pretty common 8 month old thing.

Mandy