PDA

View Full Version : mil blaming everything on sling

GodChick
09-10-2005, 12:33 PM
*ugh* so i was talking to mil today, and just asked if she knew where i could buy laundry soap instead of detergent (I'm having a hard time finding any w/o going online) and so of course that she had to say that maybe the reason samantha has a little bit of a rash is because of the sling. :banghead I think she just has really sensitive skin, and we've been battling a little diaper rash, and just a little smattering of what the doc said was contact dermatitis on her arms and legs, probably due to her detergent. But MIL said maybe it was heat rash because I keep putting her in slings and wraps. :rolleyes Uhm, no . . . it's on parts of her body that aren't even in the sling--like lower legs. And I've been wearing her in a cotton gauze wrap; it's not hot!! :banghead

She also said maybe the diaper rash was caused by the sling.
And my muscle pain is caused by the sling.
And whenever she sees DD in the sling or wrap says to her, "Are you really comfortable in that?" To which I respond, "Believe me, if she wasn't she would let me know!"

She's all for holding babies--she held hers a lot, but she just held them in her arms while she did everything one-handed. And thinks I should be able to do the same.

GIVE ME A BREAK!! I'm here parenting by myself, with a spirited toddler and a high needs baby who hollers whenever I put her down, and the only way I get anything done is by putting her in the sling . . . it is not the root of all evil!!!

MarynMunchkins
09-10-2005, 12:34 PM
:rolleyes Maybe you should let her try it.

sadie
09-10-2005, 12:51 PM
:hug :hug :hug

My MIL has made snide remarks about how dd will never learn to walk b/c of the sling. :rolleyes

Whatever. Just smile and nod and refuse to engage her silliness. ;)

churchpunkmom
09-12-2005, 03:29 PM
:banghead :hissyfit :hunh :poke

Some people...

Embracing Grace
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Very annoying... :rolleyes I agree, maybe she could try it on? ;)

Radosny Matka
09-13-2005, 06:45 PM
:O :hug

Aisling
09-13-2005, 09:42 PM
That's when I smile very nicely, plug my ears, and begin to hum quite loudly :giggle :hug2

Amber
09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
MILs are funny creatures. :hug Sounds like a good time to :beandip

gratefulmama
09-14-2005, 02:50 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :hissyfit :banghead

Keep up the good work mama :highfive

Forgiven
09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry you are having a ruff time. It can be really grating when someone has a different opinion and they keep bringing it up over and over again.

GodisGood
09-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Whenever someone has said something "that" stupid I have been know to laugh and say "Oh, xyz, you're sooooo funny! Thanks for the much needed laugh today!"

cannuke
09-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I totally understand! My MIL says stuff like that too, and she made 2 slings for me! :shrug I can only imagine that she made them b/c she asked what I wanted, I told her and she did it b/c I wanted them or she just didn't understand what they were for.

jammomy
09-19-2005, 09:49 PM
My MIL makes comments also; not always negative, though. She remarks how they didn't have those when her kids were small and that it would have been helpful with her 6. She is not bad about making comments all the time, but when she has, it seems to me that she is just wanting to hold her grandbaby and she can't do that when I am wearing him all the time! :-)