PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lethargic..nutrition help?

Aisling
09-09-2005, 10:34 AM
:bft2 I'm an ovo-lacto gal who is breastfeeding 11mo. dd, and lately, though I've been eating and sleeping 9hrs a night or so, I've been dragging! I have a suspicion that something lacking in my diet is the culprit...but I'm not sure what I should be doing different :shrug I try to get plently of protein ..but I'm thinking maybe I should be taking a B12 supplement? Iron? *sigh* I'm dragging around like when I was preggo. (eep! now, there's a scary thought :eek) Any suggestions?

ShangriLewis
09-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Can you get some blood tests run?

Aisling
09-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I probably could...as soon as I get over my fear of needles :giggle ;)

ShangriLewis
09-09-2005, 06:19 PM
I hate them, too. It's so worth it though. If you get your Thyroid checked ask Crystal what tests to take. She knows the best ones for that.

Are you taking a prenatal vitamin? I've taken them since my first pregnancy. They are good insurance.

mamabeanbean
09-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I usually take a little extra iron if I'm feeling that way. Also, be sure you're drinking enough water. Simple dehydration can really take it out of you and if you're nursing, well, you know. Oh, but be careful with your iron to keep it out of reach of baby.
Hope you feel better soon!
Adrienne

Aisling
09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Now that you mention it..I haven't been drinking enough enough water :doh Which would account for the headache that's been nagging me for days :rolleyes Silly, silly me!

ShangriLewis
09-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Duh..I forgot about water. It is so important. It's surprising how much water we really need. Hope you are feeling better. Do you snack? I really find that I need to snack. I forget to eat sometimes during the day because I get so busy with the boys. Then when I eat I get a headache. When I'm breastfeeding more I really need to remember to have good snacks.

ShangriLewis
09-24-2005, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to see how you have been feeling :)

Aisling
09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
thanks :smile :heartI've been feeling better! I think it was a combo of not drinking enough and the return of PP Aunt Flo :P I started feeling better this past weekend :)

ShangriLewis
09-26-2005, 06:25 PM
thanks :smile :heartI've been feeling better! I think it was a combo of not drinking enough and the return of PP Aunt Flo :P I started feeling better this past weekend :)

That first one will knock you out!