PDA

View Full Version : What could be wrong??

ServingGod
09-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Ive been a vegetarian for 1.5 yrs now....we made the switch after our 3rd child was born. ARound that same time I developed post partum depression. I havent had it with my previous children. The PPD has lifted...but for the past few months I still havent felt well. Im always exhausted, massive brain fog, achy joints, still having some depression at times, and now Imlosing hair. ive had my thyroid checked like 5 times in the past year. Im worried that Im missing some major nutrient or something.

Desert Rose
09-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Are you getting enough b vitamins? Iron? If you don't supplement, you probably aren't.

ServingGod
09-09-2005, 08:09 AM
I take a multi vitamin.

ShangriLewis
09-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Are you breastfeeding? If so are you breastfeeding more than one child? What vitamins are you taking?

ServingGod
09-09-2005, 12:34 PM
im only breastfeeding my 18mo and thats only twice a day. I take GNC multi vitamins, and I was taking some by Solara I think?

flowermama
09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Are you just vegetarian or vegan, too?

Here is a link that might have some helpful info: ?
http://www.netnutritionist.com/qa14.htm

ServingGod
09-09-2005, 12:50 PM
My whole family is. My dh hasnt been feeling quite right for a few months either...he is careful of what he eats, and takes a multi vitamin too. We are thinking we might have to try adding some organic, vegetarian fed, hormone free lean meat and fish into our diet and see what happens. The dc are all healthy,but Im wondering if the behavior issues we have been having with our 5yo the past couple weeks is from him drinking so much soy milk. I was giving them cows milk for awhile and they did fine. :think

flowermama
09-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Can they drink rice or almond milk instead of soymilk?

Do you have enough good oils in your diet? Do you take flax oil or eat flax seeds? Among other things, flax oil can help with depression.

Also, maybe consider adding spirulina to your diet. That has a lot of great vitamins in it, and it is supposed to help increase energy.

The kids and I have begun taking vitamins specifially for vegans. Maybe that might be something to look into.

((hugs))

ShangriLewis
09-09-2005, 06:29 PM
You should keep taking a prenatal vitamin. You may need to take some different tests for your Thyroid. I'm not sure if Crystal has mentioned it lately, but maybe we could call her in!

If you are concerned about protein maybe you could try some other ones first. What do you usually eat for protein? Maybe we could find some new tasty things for you try.

5 year olds are notorious for having behavior issues..lol. My little Porter has been so different since turning 5.

Have you seen the All-one vitamins? They are a powdered vitamin. They don't have a prenatal, but they are awesome vitamins. http://www.all-one.com

ShangriLewis
09-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Serving God...I just wanted to check in and see if you are feeling any better :)

ServingGod
09-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Thank you! Not really, but at least now I know whats wrong. I have fibromyalgia, and thats why I feel so yucky...my thyroid is 1.98, so I think that is fine. but after reading some books on fibro, and realizing my hypoglycemia is from that, and talking to the Chiropracter....Ive decided to try a higher protein lower carb diet. So I bought some free range, pasture fed meats. My chiro said that I REALLY need the meat back, especially since last time I ate meat and had more protein in my diet that I felt so good. I need to stay away from soy, Ive not been reacting well to that, since I cut it totally out of my diet my hair stopped falling out in handfuls. Its kind of weird eating meat again....but I have been really craving it for 6 months now. Not even cooked meat....I see raw meat and my mouth waters and I just want to eat it! :hunh Its rather shocking! :shifty But ive been eating meat the past few days, and my brain fog is much less. :shrug