PDA

View Full Version : question from dh. What about sleep-overs?

poleidopy
09-09-2005, 06:55 AM
DH wants to know (And I think it's very good question :tu ) What to do about co-sleeping & sleep-overs. I told him not to worry about that yet, as DS is only 14 month old, but he brought up our friends' kids. They cosleep and their kids just turned 5 & 4yo. So, what if they wanted a frined to spend the night (or a cousin or whatever) but they still co-sleep & have no extra beds? I told dh that's when everyone breaks out the sleeping bags & they "camp out" in the living room. :giggle :P Well, that's what I would do...anyway, so what the heck would YOU do in a situation like that? (BTW...I'm not necessarily saying that 5yo's are aold enough to have sleepovers, but I remember when I was that old having my cousins come sleep over & we had a blast. )

BeckaBlue
09-09-2005, 07:13 AM
i agree with you, on the sleeping bags. that's what we did most times even when we did have an extra bed

Wonder Woman
09-09-2005, 07:17 AM
who actually sleeps in a BED at a sleepover?!

We never did :mrgreen

Aerynne
09-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Sleeping bags, or an inflatable mattress on the floor (you know, those camping beds)

Iarwain
09-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah, at 4 or 5 sleeping on the living room floor with cousins (I can't imagine having friends sleep over that young!) is way more interesting than sleeping in bed. Honestly we don't do any sleepovers before the child is mature enough to appreciate it. Exceptions would be watching my niece overnight and she just slept on the couch.

Teribear
09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Honestly, I don't do them with anyone outside the family at all. :shrug Within the family when DD was little or even now when she stays with my parents overnight it was/is a simple matter of someone laying down with her until she went to sleep.

luvinmykidz
09-17-2005, 10:37 AM
I think I would do the same....camp out on the living room floor although like other moms said I probably wouldn't do sleep overs until my kids were older, maybe 8 or so?? :think

SingingPraise
09-20-2005, 08:57 PM
well, I've got an older kiddo and I'll tell ya that really by age 7 which is when she had her first real sleepover other then grammas , they all slept on sleeping bags in the living room. Once or twice dh even set up our tent lol.
Zoey tried her first sleepover recently, across the street (she's 5) and came home at midnight lol.

With my now teenager it was a non issue. they either slept in her bed or one on the bed, one on the floor, or both on the floor. They've never joined us in our room. Only once I can recall Chels had a nightmare and I slept with the girls on a bag on the floor in the living room and dh and the dogs joined us.

I can see zoey leaving her friend in her room and joining us in bed. lol.
But i guess we'll see.

I'm not too worried bout it. By the time sleepovers will happen I'm guessing my kids will be sleeping in their own beds. thats what happened with chelsey