PDA

View Full Version : Need a banana bread recipe

mraab
09-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Does anyone have a recipe for banana bread that can be baked in glass pans? I'm still transforming my dh's kitchen from a bachelor-style economy version to something resembling a real kitchen. :mrgreen So all I have to bake in right now is some pyrex (from 9x13 down to individual dessert cups) and two mini-muffin pans.

Help! :shrug

M

Punkie
09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I've made it in pyrex pans before and never had a problem. I think you can just use a regular recipe :shrug

Do you want me to post my regular recipes?

mraab
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
That would be great. :tu As a new bride, I'm more than game for someone with a tried and true recipe. I love to cook, but I've never done much baking. Thanks. :grin

Punkie
09-08-2005, 09:31 AM
OK, this is my regular recipe (http://bread.allrecipes.com/AZ/BananaBread.asp). When I was in a hurry and a new bride, I used this one (http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/BananaBreadVII.asp) since it uses Bisquick so I could make it faster. We're now dairy-free, so I have a new recipe for dairy-free homemade bisquick, if anyone wasts that :)

mraab
09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Think I could bake little dessert cup sized hunks? I don't have a loaf pan... :rolleyes

Punkie
09-08-2005, 09:55 AM
I think you could make banana muffins :shrug I think these kinds of recipes work in pretty much any size... You could probably even try a cake pan, lol.

mraab
09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Guess we'll find out. :grin Thanks.

Punkie
09-08-2005, 10:31 AM
:grin

Let us know how it turns out!

mraab
09-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Well...my great banana bread adventure is over, and I must say that it was quite successful. :yum I couldn't have been happier with the results, and it worked great in my improvised bakeware. ;) A little bit of tweaking with temperature and timing in the oven, and it was picture perfect. I'm going to be making some more little loaves to give out with thank you notes from my shower. I couldn't resist the urge to experiment a little, and so...

I put chocolate chips in half of them. Lots. :grin :yum :yum :yum Those turned out more like banana-flavored chocolate bread. :mrgreen

Thanks a million for the recipe!!!!! :tu :hug

Punkie
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Yay! I'm so glad that you liked it! :tu