PDA

View Full Version : Can I freeze milk?

The Tickle Momster
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Just wondering if I can & how? I have some half gallon cartons that need to be used or frozen soon. Can I just stick them in the freezer & use when I need htem? That's what I do w/butter. Thanks!

MarynMunchkins
09-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Yep. :) Just use them for cooking and not for drinking, because freezing will alter the taste. :)

akmyilee
09-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I do it all the time, we are on WIC and sometimes have a ton, I still drink it though, I like my milk really cold so I like it when it has ice chunks in it.........it doesn't taste that wierd........just my 2 cents :)

mommyto2
09-08-2005, 10:45 PM
How long can it be frozen for? And are the paper cartons ok to freeze in? I was just at the store and they had an amazing deal on organic skim milk because the exp. date was only 2 days away (.75 for a half gallon). I only bought what we could drink in a reasonable amount of time because I never knew you could freeze milk. I'd love to stock up and fill my nearly empty chest freezer. :O

Mothering by Heart
09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
I've only frozen it in plastic, not sure about the paper...

cobluegirl
09-08-2005, 10:53 PM
I have frozen in paper...they do just fine. We have also drank it....no biggey..just found that you need to let it thaw completely and shake it up good before using. They should last a while in the freezer

mamaKristin
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
The one thing you can't do with milk that has been frozen is steam it up for cappuccinos. :cool It won't foam. other than that, should be good!