PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Balance

cannuke
09-05-2005, 07:52 AM
We've got DS in an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper in our room at night. At this point, I'm more comfortable with him in the co-sleeper b/c he's kind of floppy in the bed and I'm finding that I'm sleeping better with him that close, but not right in the bed with me. I'm thinking that I'd like to move him into our bed when he's a little older and more able to move around. I gues I just worry about him not being able to move around on his own and move covers off him if necessary. :shrug

The problem is DH. He says he can't sleep with DS in the room at all. He hates the baby noises at night and finds that DS keeps him awake. He's moved onto the couch and I miss him.

How can we find balance in this?

mwwr
09-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't have much to offer besides sympathy. Dh also hates baby noises and is a very light sleeper, so he's been in dd's room since the new baby arrived. But at least we all sleep! :hug
mwwr :danced

mamaKristin
09-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Just a thought...

DH got used to sleeping with you in the room. DH got used to the dog sleeping in your room. I'm guessing that those adjustments took time. I'm sure that he will be able to get used to the baby too. That said, I know that babies do make lots of noises...and he is probably super sensitive to hearing them...especially if he's helping when DS wakes. Have you maybe worked out having him give a concentrated effort on sticking it through the night for a week or so? I know that my DH had an adjustment to the baby noises too...he's a light sleeper. However, he figured out pretty quick that he slept better with baby in our room, because *I* was more difficult to deal with when I had to get up and nurse baby at night...put the noise thing in perspective as opposed to him being woken up each time I got up and back into bed.

cannuke
09-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Eventually, babies make less noise while they're sleeping, right? When is that?

Havilah
09-05-2005, 04:15 PM
A white noise machine really helps all of us sleep better. It might be worth a try :)

DH has recently moved back to our room because James is going through a rough sleeping spell. It makes me sad, too, and we're both working hard to get James sleeping better so he can come back.

luvinmykidz
09-17-2005, 10:35 AM
I think it depends on the baby :shrug My firstborn son was a noisy sleeper and still is....my baby girl doesn't make a peep all night long. As for my DH he usually sleeps with us on the weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) Then on work nights he sleeps in my DS room. When the kiddos are asleep sometimes I will put Isabelle in her playpen so DS doesn't roll on her and then I will go cuddle with DH for a little while. We are happy with our set up, it just takes compromise. Talk with your DH and find an option that will work for all of you :hug