PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.... What Would You Make (help neded for tonight!)

RealLifeMama
09-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I was planning on making a turkey breast for dinner, but even though I thought put it in the to defrost in time, it is still solid.
Soooooo
I have a tiny yellow squash, a tiny green squash, and a red pepper I was going to cook, and some itty bitty potatoes I was going to roast, but then I am just :shrug
I have no other meat/poultry in the house, it is too late for beans/
????????
What else could I do?
It is almost 6:30 and DH will be home in about an hour and a half.

bostonsmama
09-02-2005, 03:19 PM
yikes...no other meat? could you do noodles of some sort? sautee the veggies you have (minus the potatoes) in some olive oil with some seasonings and add the noodles? i dont know, thats hard! it takes frozen meat FOREVER to thaw out!

too bad youre not here, its only 5:15 :)

jujubnme
09-02-2005, 03:19 PM
What about something with eggs? Like quiche or omelettes...

RealLifeMama
09-02-2005, 03:26 PM
What about something with eggs? Like quiche or omelettes...

Oooooooo! That might work!
I have eggs! And cheese! And I can do a fritatta with the squash and all.
And I can use the potatoes in that, too.
Only thing is that DH will want a go-along for that, and I have nothing.
What could I serve with a fritatta?

ArmsOfLove
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
well, I'd just saute all of those veggies together and serve them like that :shrug do you really need a meat? That sounds like a lovely meal!

RealLifeMama
09-02-2005, 03:34 PM
well, I'd just saute all of those veggies together and serve them like that :shrug do you really need a meat? That sounds like a lovely meal!

Yes, I was going to saute them all together, but they are soooo tiny, like thumb width, it is only like enough for one person! The potatoes are small, too, like an inch big, and I have about 10. The crops have been tiny the last couple weeks.

I found a can of artichokes, so I am thinking I will make an artickoke fritatta and then saute the veggies and serve that with the potatoes. That will work.
Thanks everyone!
Ok, now off to cook!!!!!!!!

abbiroads
09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
sounds great!

jujubnme
09-02-2005, 03:43 PM
:yum Sounds perfect!

bostonsmama
09-02-2005, 06:08 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm....sounds yummy!! how'd it turn out!? :) good idea with the eggs

ArmsOfLove
09-02-2005, 06:09 PM
sounds wonderful :highfive

RealLifeMama
09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I wound up getting lazy and throwing all the veggies into the fritatta and DH and DD thought it was really good! DH said I could make that again.
DD asked for seconds on the fritatta, also.
:tu

Thanks, ladies, I never would have thought of it had I not posted here.