PDA

View Full Version : New Carrier - Need Opinions

cannuke
08-31-2005, 11:59 AM
My grandfather just bought us a Red Castle Sport carrier (www.redcastle.fr (http://www.redcastle.fr) - the outdoor section). The reason that we chose this one is that 1. DH will wear it and 2. I can BF in it. It seems to be more versatile than the Bjorn.

Does anyone have any experience with this carrier?

Also, it says it's good for newborns (8 lbs+) to 25 pounds. There's a little cushion that you put in the bottom for the first three months so that their little legs hang straighter and it's easier on their hips. I seem to remember that little babies shouldn't sit in carriers with their hips flexed - where are the recommendations on that?

Radosny Matka
09-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I didn't look at the link, but you want to make sure that baby is sitting on the buttocks more so that the weight is more evenly distributed (and yes, my ds legs were flexed to the side I guess you could say in a sitting position). When the baby hangs and doesn't have enough support, the weight puts pressure on the spine.

ChristineG
09-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I'd love to help out with an opinion, but I have never heard of this carrier. I looked at the link, but it is really hard to tell from a picture. I did a search on www.thebabywearer.com and couldn't find any old posts about it, either. Is it a new carrier?

cannuke
09-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Yes, I believe it's quite new. It's sort of like the Bjorn, but more adjustable. You can put baby in it in his snowsuit (bonus for Canada!), where you can't with the Bjorn.

They've made a big deal of showing how you can nurse in it. I tried it and actually found it easier to nurse in than my sling b/c DS isn't sort of lost in the carrier and it provides more head support without having to use receiving blankets, etc. to prop him up.

We're still getting used to it, but I think it'll be a good addition to the carrier collection that DH will actually wear. :tu