PDA

View Full Version : I did a whole fryer in the crock pot and. . .

Allison
08-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh MAN, was it good!! I feel pretty good that it turned out so well because I've never done a whole chicken before. Now, I may never buy boneless skinless chicken breasts again! LOL
I cut up potatos, carrot and onions and put them in the bottom of the crockpot, put the chicken in on top and sprinkled it with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and basil and sliced two lemons and laid them on top of the chicken. Added (unneccesary, I think) a can of chicken broth, cooked on low for 10 hours and viola!

Close2MyHeart
08-28-2005, 04:31 PM
We LOOOVVVEEE chicken in the crockpot. :tu One of our fav. meals :) I never add any water or broth because it seems to have enough juices :)

butterflyqueen71
08-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I did this a couple weeks ago, and mmmmmm!!! That chicken literally fell apart when I tried to take it out of the crockpot, it was SO tender! I like your choice of seasonings...I just used salt and pepper and paprika.

It made GREAT chicken salad sandwiches and enchiladas too! :grin

Irene
08-28-2005, 06:08 PM
yummy!!! its the only way I can make chicken that turns out good, usually I make it too dry. Im glad it turned out for you :tu and, I usually put some water just on the bottom, but yeah I dont add broth, but I do can up the broth that I get from it, to use in future recipes!

MarynMunchkins
08-29-2005, 05:26 AM
:yum That's the best! If you add sage, it brings out the flavor of the chicken. :)

It's my favorite lazy meal. ;)

Allison
08-29-2005, 05:29 AM
I think I will start buying a couple of chickens each week to stock up so I can have some on hand. It takes nothing to just put it in the crockpot for 10 hours and then have lots of yummy, tender chicken for casseroles, chicken salad and such. And, if I'm careful I can probably even cut a raw one into piece and freeze for recipes needing whole piece. 8 chicken breast halves can cost $8 or more around here, but two whole chickens are $6 or less. Can't beat that!