PDA

View Full Version : EllaRoo Wrap

kycanonist
08-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Does anyone have one of these? If so, what do you like or not like about it?

Jacqui

DogwoodMama
08-28-2005, 10:37 AM
I always wanted one but never got it... I'm pretty sure Heidi_Suzanne could tell you about them she's sold them before *I believe*, so if she doesn't see this you might want to PM her. :)

lenswyf
08-30-2005, 03:14 AM
I don't own one, but I sell them. I'd love to have another baby just so I could give it a try. What people tell me is that they feel like baby is more secure in it, which allows them more freedom of movement to do more while wearing baby. They like that there is no weight limit -- it relies on your knot, rather than rings or seams -- and this makes it a greater value. And they like the variety of positions possible.

You can see them on my website, http://www.OneNaturalFamily.com. PM me if you'd like to get one at half-price.

DogwoodMama
08-30-2005, 06:01 AM
I knew there was someone here who sold them! :) I still want one, glad to know you sell them lenswyf. ;)

kycanonist
08-30-2005, 06:15 AM
I found some guatamalan fabric on sale on eBay... to make the medium sized wrap, I would need 5 yards of fabric... It would come to $30 including shipping... I don't think the Ellaroo wrap with 50% off comes to that low price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8214934968&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So, I'm just thinking about doing this...

Jacqui

mackinsiesmom
08-30-2005, 07:23 AM
I have one and I really like it but then again I am really loving all my woven wraps right now. You can do more holds with it but I think it has one of the hardest learning curves to it if you have never used a wrap before.

katie

churchpunkmom
08-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I have an Ella Roo. I LOVE it! I have not tried it on a little baby yet, Torrin was already over a year when I got it. With him, my favorite is carrying him on my back - SO much easier than back-slinging for me! Also, having a big preg belly, it makes it easier to still carry him. I look forward to using it with the baby too. It seems to me it would be very easy to just tie it on and leave it on, taking baby in and out as needed (esp having a winter baby). The only thing I don't like is how long it takes to get it on. It's not like the sling where you just toss it over your shoulder and slip the baby in. I keep my sling in the car and use it at church or the store. I keep my wrap at home and use it for walks or for times I know I'll be carrying for a while. I also wouldn't want to be standing next to the car tying it on as the yards of fabric would be all over the ground. However, I have not used it that much, so maybe when I get more experienced with it I'll be able to get it on quicker and without so much dragging.

arwen_tiw
09-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't have one...yet... Considering one though, I love the fabrics - the weave is sooo nice and I can't get anything that good off the market. Maybe I'll look on ebay too...

Keiko
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I also have one and love it! I've had it since dd was about 5 months...the first couple of times you use it are difficult, but then it gets a lot easier. It is SO much more comfortable than my slings or mei tais. I also think it's more secure (especially for back carries).

kycanonist
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I got that fabric from eBay and it is WONDERFUL! It's going to make a wonderful wrap sling! :)

Jacqui

MamaKanga
10-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Jacqui, Did you make it? How did you do it? I'm really interested in this!

kycanonist
10-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I did. :) I didn't have to actually make anything... I just got a piece of guatamalan fabric that was long enough, and it's perfect. :)

That seller on eBay has wonderful fabric at a really good price. :)

MamaKanga
10-18-2005, 10:06 AM
You didn't have to hem or taper the ends? The only wrap I've used is moby, and it has tapered hems and is serged all around...

kycanonist
10-18-2005, 05:34 PM
I've done nothing... now, I might decide to later, which would be fine... but the weave is really good on this fabric...