PDA

View Full Version : Dairy free sweets?

mama2mychildren
08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
I dont know where to put this thread. I am BF and have been put on a no dairy, citrus or nuts diet. I have a sweet tooth and its been tough to avoid the chocolate (which I also think bothers my DD) and ice cream. I bought some Toffuti "ice cream" sandwiches which are decent but what other treats are there which dont contain dairy and taste fairly good?

joystrength
08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
soy milk smoothies (fruit, ice, chocolate soy milk) are great!

ShangriLewis
08-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I love the Rice dream cookie sandwhiches if you can get them. Smoothies are really good, too. I really like these cold cerals with rice milk and I'm not a cereal eater. http://www.peacecereal.com/Products/Products.aspx#Prod10 The Raspberry Ginger is my favorite and I can usually get it for 2 or 2.50 a box at Fred Meyer.

Have you checked Peta's site:
http://www.peta.org/accidentallyVegan/

(Unfrosted pop tarts are on there. Those aren't healthy....:O)

ArmsOfLove
08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
If you are near a Trader Joe's you can eat their dark chocolate chips and some of their dark chocolate bars :grin And you can substitute soy or rice milk for milk in any recipe you are making :D

RealLifeMama
08-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Frozen bananas pureed with a little rice or soy milk, with cocoa and some maple syrup.
:yum

You can bake pretty much anything, just use Earth Balance and soy milk.
There are lots of yummy cookie recipes on Vegweb.
The best part about making vegan cookies is you can eat all the raw dough you want and not get sick!!! (At least not from the raw eggs Eating enough to make yourself sick is a different matter all together :P~) )
Ghiradelli semi-sweet are dairy free (check to label- they used to be)

Irene
08-26-2005, 02:25 PM
you know, I dont think Ghiadelli is dairy free, because I keep reading this, then I go to the store and they have butterfat or something in them. :td tropical source also is dairy free chocolate.

we make cookies and well, everything!

RealLifeMama
08-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Ghiradelli was OK when I was dairy free but that was a while ago. You know how food makers are always changing their ingredients. That is annoying! :rolleyes They are easier to find and less expensive than the Tropical Source or Sunspire so that is too bad, but thanks for the heads up!

Irene
08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah maybe they changed their ingredients. we can get sunspire and tropical source right in the regular store, so I didnt realise it was hard to find. sorry bout that.