PDA

View Full Version : a new one on me!

BeckaBlue
08-26-2005, 06:41 AM
"That boys legs are ever gonna work if you keep carrying him!" :rolleyes is what mackenzies assistent principal told me as she was walking by when i was dropping kenz of this am. ever occur to her that 1) his legs work JUST FINE, he uses them plenty, jsut not in inapropriate places or times, and 2) im saving a lot of headaches and destruction that she could have ( ;) )

MarynMunchkins
08-26-2005, 07:51 AM
"That's ok. I'm teaching him to walk on his hands."

;)

RosieTook
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
:laughtears

Seriously though, why do people think that sling babies will never learn to walk?? DD started walking at 11 months and she is slung ALL the time!! :rolleyes

MarynMunchkins
08-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Colin started walking at 8.5. :wow And he lived in the sling!

Radosny Matka
08-29-2005, 07:53 PM
:doh

Novella
08-30-2005, 06:31 PM
:doh :doh :doh :doh

I don't understand comments like that... UGH!

My favs weree when people would ask me where DS's legs were as I carried him in the kangaroo carry. I just looked at them with a straight face and said- " they are detachable--- I will reattach them when I take him out." That pretty much shut them up-- OR, I would get all scientific on them about WHY a baby can sit like that comfortably. That produced some puzzled looks but I had a bit of guilty pleasure in saying it! LOL!

Rest assured you are not alone in a world of ignorant remarks!

godsgracegiven
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
"That's ok. I'm teaching him to walk on his hands." :spit :laughtears Mary thats great, I love that comeback, lol!!

BeckaBlue
09-02-2005, 07:36 AM
i did it :tu
I saw her again and she said something to the same effect, i thought of what was said here and said 'no, really, it's ok, he's learning to walk on his hands instead' she just :scratch and went on :giggle

RosieTook
09-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Right on Becka!!!! :laughtears

I would have loved to have seen that! "giggle

raquel
09-02-2005, 04:21 PM
For crying out loud! Do parents who push their kids in strollers get the same comments? I've thought it of four and five yr olds I've seen in strollers but even then... :scratch Good on ya for saying something back! :)

Roses
09-03-2005, 01:25 PM
lol, I would've loved to have seen that too!

And exactly, about the strollers. What is the difference to them (them being people who say things like "they're not going to walk") between being held and being in a stroller that's going to keep them from walking or not?!

MarynMunchkins
09-03-2005, 05:35 PM
:laughtears Good for you! :giggle