PDA

View Full Version : Getting another mattress

RosieTook
08-25-2005, 10:36 PM
:highfive

I am thrilled :grin...we thought about getting a king size, to allow us to have lots of room for future children (we are 100% family bed, BTW :cosleep) but decided that a queen would be fine, plus sheets are cheaper and easier to find, etc...but I had no idea when we would be able to buy one, and thought perhaps we would even have another before we got one. :sad2 (NOT that I am pg or anything :shifty) But my cousin and her dh came over for dinner last night and she said that we can have their extra double (they bought a queen for their family bed! :cosleep) So we are getting another double for FREE!!! :woohoo It was brand new when they bought it, and it not that old, plus I know how dcuz takes care of her things!! :ty

DH is going to knock apart our current bedframe and extend it to hold both side by side, I am just sooo HAPPY!! :jump My poor mother will have a kitten though..she is under the delusion that dd actually sleeps in the cosleeper :giggle...not that I have done mush to correct her. :shifty

Just had to share!! :dance :type

DogwoodMama
08-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Oh, that's awesome! :grin That's bigger than a king, I think!. I wish we could have done something similar... we have a queen and thought about putting a twin next to it, but it wouldn't fit in our room. :( So now we have to get a king, but our mattress is getting old anyway and probably needed to be replaced. You'll have to post a pic once you get it set up! :)

2sunshines
08-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Very cool. I'm glad things worked out so well for you guys!!!

blessedwithboys
08-26-2005, 10:04 AM
That's so cool! :grin You're gonna love it! I can't wait until we get a new mattress! Can I ask how you're going to deal w/ the crack between the two double mattresses?

RosieTook
08-26-2005, 11:20 AM
You'll have to post a pic once you get it set up!

Oh that'll be so cool!!! :grin I'll do a before and after!! :giggle

Dh is going to build a frame that will actually be a bit too small, so the mattresses are held together really snug. If there's still a problem with a gap we will stuff the middle with the foam that we are currently using as a co-sleeper matress.:tu

I can't wait! With any luck we'll be able to get it when my dcuz picks me up for a visit in sept...then dh just needs to build the frame!! :highfive

mamaKristin
08-26-2005, 12:57 PM
How great is that?!? I totally want to get another bed into our bedroom (a single to go next to our queen), but not sure if it will fit and still let us get in and out of bed easily. That will be way bigger than a king!

Radosny Matka
08-26-2005, 08:21 PM
:jump Awesome!

Roses
08-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Cool! Gotta love a giant bed,lol. At our other house we had a twin pushed against our queen (moved to the new house, older ds decided he wanted to sleep in his new bunkbeds, did that for about 1.5 mos and is now moved back into our room, sleeping on a big comfy chair by our bed,lol)

-Heather