PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so we side-carred the crib...

Beyond Blessed
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
and when we went to push the bed over we realized that the crib mattress does not come to the edge of the crib structure where it hits our bedframe and mattress :doh I never even thought of that! :doh So, what dh did was scootch the crib mattress up tight to ours and in the crevase it left he rolled up three different blankets and stuffed them in there. I only feel okay with this since I am right there and very aware of her movements in the middle of the night. So, did any of you have this issue? If so, how did *you* solve it. I'm pretty happy with the arrangement. Here's a pic...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/blessedx4/bed2.jpg

and a full on look - nope didn't make the bed (remember I'm keepin' it *real* :giggle )
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/blessedx4/bed3.jpg

mamaKristin
08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Totally had the same issue. 2 words for you: pool noodle. Worked great!

The crib looks great!! :tu

Embracing Grace
08-25-2005, 08:58 PM
The crib mattress and our mattress had a gap between them. We just stuffed the gap with various blankets, so no problem there anymore. It's pretty snug. Yours looks okay to me! :)

Sweet baby. :hearts

MarynMunchkins
08-25-2005, 09:02 PM
We used a pool noodle too. :)

Blue Aurora
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
I would have NEVER thought of a pool noodle...I'm going to have to remember that! We did the exact same thing except I used towels and then put the bumper on the 3/4 of the crib left. What a cutie!!!

traceyd
08-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Another pool noodle user here. I covered it with a sheet though because ds wanted to chew on it when he started teething. :rolleyes

Beyond Blessed
08-26-2005, 03:30 PM
:doh Pool noodle! What a terrific idea - :think but it's the end of pool season - I'll keep my eye out, we didn't get any this year. I *knew* I would get some great advice on here. She slept so well last night. I can feed her on my side right on the edge there and then she rolled over into her crib and didn't wake till morning. Wow. But we went to bed around midnight :giggle