PDA

View Full Version : sad...

herbalwriter
08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
I would appreciate your prayers ... my dog slipped his collar Monday night and has not yet come home...my friend and neighbor said she talked to my neighbor across the creek/street, and found out that he buried a dead dog he found by the road along my property today. I have not talked to my neighbor to find out if it was my dog...I don't want to know right now. I can't face that right now...I am going through a divorce and I don't have much left (had to have our other dog put to sleep just a few months ago). Now it's just me, ds, and 2 cats...I both hope and don't hope that was my dog my neighbor buried. I hope it was in that I'll have closure, but I hope it wasn't because then I can just imagine that my dog found a wonderful new home (since his collar was left behind, no one would know whose he was). If that was my dog dead, it is God's mercy alone that kept me from finding him myself, because I was coming and going all day. Eh even did a huge search for him on foot today when he came to visit ds.

I am rambling here because I am so sad. :cry :cry My eh and I adopted this dog 4 years ago from a shelter 4 hours away, drove to get him...it just makes me sad. Ds is only 13 months, but he loves him and our dog was so good with him and with the cats. He was a great guard dog. :cry

amstermarie
08-24-2005, 06:50 PM
:hugheart sorry i hope you find him, and that if he is gone you will be at peace.. :hug

boonpnutsmom
08-24-2005, 10:48 PM
:hug and :pray

Amber
08-24-2005, 11:05 PM
:hug I'm so sorry, it is so hard when a cherished friend goes missing.

ranade3
08-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm sorry :hugheart

expatmom
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Pets are members of the family. :hug

herbalwriter
08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes, they are family members, and I miss him. I am sure it was he who was hit. At least he's not hurt somewhere, alone and afraid. I like to think he was running around having the time of his life, thinking how clever he was that he'd escaped, and never knew what hit him. :cry

I feel vulnerable as a single mom with no guard dog...if I had the $ I'd adopt another, but I was having a hardtime with the vet bills and food as it was.

domesticzookeeper
08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
:heart :hug :heart

flowermama
08-26-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm so sorry. :( (((hugs)))

Sanveann
08-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Hugs and prayers!

herbalwriter
08-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Thank you all for your support. It's confirmed...it was my dog that was hit and killed by the car. My dad gallantly offered to call the neighbor who found and buried him, since I couldn't do it. :cry

amstermarie
08-26-2005, 06:48 PM
:hug2 :candle i am sorry for your loss... :hugheart

Iansmama
08-26-2005, 07:53 PM
:hugheart :bheart

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry

Ali
08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
:bheart :hugheart

expatmom
08-27-2005, 06:16 AM
:hugheart

How very sad for you & your family. I am glad that you did not have to discover your poor puppy after the accident & that your neighbour did the difficult task of burying him for you. May God give you comfort. When we lost a cat last year, our other cat was intuitive to the loss and gave us lots of extra snuggles when we were sad. I hope that your cats give you lots of snuggles over the next few days & weeks. :hug

herbalwriter
08-27-2005, 07:39 PM
When we lost a cat last year, our other cat was intuitive to the loss and gave us lots of extra snuggles when we were sad. I hope that your cats give you lots of snuggles over the next few days & weeks. :hug

You know, they have been doing exactly that! I couldn't figure out what was going on, but that's it. Every time I'd turn around, there they'd be. They have been so clingy and hovering nearby since we lost the dog. (I have 2 cats.) The one big male cat (neutered of course) loves ds and wherever ds is, the cat is never more than 5 inches away! :giggle He's been even more into that sort of behavior since our dog died. He was rather close to our dog, too...they were the same age.

herbalwriter
09-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Thank you all for your kind support...I meant to do that before. :heart