PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here do, or know about, screen printing?

Piper2
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
(I'm guessing I'm talking about screen printing here.)

I bought a T-shirt at a conference about a week ago, and I didn't notice that there was a typo on it until I got home with it. It's a fairly common misspelling ("breathe" instead of "breath"), and I'm guessing a lot of people wouldn't even notice it for reading the bigger text above it (I didn't ;)). I'm held off even mentioning the mistake to the woman whose ministry put the shirts out because I'm honestly not quite sure how to approach her with it. But since her website address is directly below the verse that has the typo, I think she really should know about it so that it wouldn't reflect badly on her -- somebody might say, well if she can't spell, I wouldn't put too much stock in her ability to minister. :/

Anyway, does anybody know any way to possibly remove the "offending" letter from the text without ruining the shirt (it's a purple shirt with white lettering)? Or I was wondering if maybe just coloring over the letter with purple fabric paint might be an option. It would be noticable up-close, but maybe not from a distance.

The shirt was only $10, so I'm not going to bother asking for a replacement. But I would like to fix the one I have, if possible, and I should point it out to the woman who made them so she can correct future printings.

OpalsMom
08-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Unless her printing is worse than her spelling (in which case it's all going to come off), that letter isn't going anywhere. You could color over it, but I think that would look funnier than just leaving it. If you're the sort of person who notices spelling errors, you'd be surprised how few of us there are...

Piper2
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, I emailed her about it, and she thanked me a million times over for pointing it out. She said that she had it correct on her order form, so apparently the printer thought he was correcting her. :rolleyes Maybe she'll get some kind of refund or something.

She was surprised neither her nor her mother-in-law (who was manning the table where they were selling the shirts) noticed the mistake. So I possibly could wear it for years without anybody ever saying anything. ;)