PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Hedgehog Babies -- adorable!!!

lumpofclay
08-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh My Gosh. . . These things are so adorable I want to reach out and get one through the monitor. Take a look:

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/archives/2005/08/porcupine-baby/

(he (the blog owner?) originally thought they were porcupines, so that's why the link has "porcupine" in it.)

Kat
08-20-2005, 08:04 PM
:hearts

poleidopy
08-20-2005, 08:07 PM
How cute! A friend of mine had a hedgehog he named "megabyte" (computer geek :rolleyes :P) And I would always forget his name and call the little thing "microchip." It drove the guy bonkers!! :giggle

domesticzookeeper
08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
*barely suppressed sqeal*

They're waaay too cute!! :hearts

poetmom
08-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..they are just TOO cute!!!!

UltraMother
08-20-2005, 10:21 PM
:D

Amber
08-20-2005, 10:24 PM
too cute :hearts

Teribear
08-21-2005, 06:10 AM
They look like chestnuts with a little critter inside them. How precious!

ShangriLewis
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
They are so cute! And, they do look like little durian.

My mother used to have a hedgehog. She would cuddle with it and carry it around the house and it wouldn't poke her. But, I could never get over the fear of poking. I think it knew it, too. They are funny little creatures.

RosieTook
08-21-2005, 01:06 PM
:happytears :happytears

Happy tears cause I used to have a hedgehog, and I'm telling you, she was AT LEAST that cute! Hedgehogs are great, they are nocturnal but you can change that and the more you handle them the friendlier they are! I named mine Thistle. She was excellent. She got sick and died though...the vet bills would have been huge to make her better...so I had to let her go. :cry

Anyway, those guys are soooo adorable! :grin

scottishthistle
08-23-2005, 08:30 PM
so adorable. I would have to call mine "Sonic" if I ever got one

Sanveann
08-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Precious!!!

I used to have a hedgehog in college. His name was Mr. Bristles, and he was very sociable as a baby, but as he got older, he got a lot less interested in being handled. He bit sometimes, too. I confess that I didn't pay as much attention to him as I should have ... I always made sure he had food and water and clean shavings, but I didn't handle him very much.

After I got my kitty Sophie, she was always trying to stick her paws in his cage and scaring him, so he went to live with my mom. She took good care of him, but she didn't like handling him -- she was a little scared of him! We lost him to pneumonia eventually :(