PDA

View Full Version : Raw Vegan Pizza

ShangriLewis
08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
We had the EarthFair out here just recently and their was a raw booth. We tried the raw pizza and it was so good. Oh my!
:yum :yum :yum

I've been wanting my sil to make some when she is up here, but she never gets to it :shrug

So, I need to get my dehydrator back from my other sil (they are both Evan's sisters) and make some pizza.

I'm craving it and to tell you the truth nothing is taking that craving away. (Not even real pizza.) And, what better thing can you crave?

poleidopy
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
So what was in it???

ShangriLewis
08-20-2005, 09:00 PM
It was a crust with a red sauce and marinated veggies on top. It didn't even have the nut cheese stuff. It's was so good.

lumpofclay
08-20-2005, 09:09 PM
So the veggies were totally raw? What were they marinated in? (if you know)

We make our pizzas in a similar fashion. We've never even tried soy cheese. I pre-bake our crusts usually b/c I'll make a couple and freeze them. So we add marinara sauce and raw veggies. Pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and it's good to go.

On a tangent (b/c I'm oh so good at them), if you are a, what's the word?, raw food only eater, would you eat a cooked crust?

ShangriLewis
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
No, the crust isn't cooked. It can be dehydrated though. It's not from flour either. It's from nuts and/or grains.

If you marinate veggies..usually in vinegar and braggs...they kind of cook. You can google raw pizza if you want to see pictures. I used to think it was strange. But, having tasted it :yum

Once I get my raw book back I'll give one a go. I promise to share pictures.

gamomof2
08-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I have 2 raw cookbooks; I'll have to look and see what pizza recipes I can find! I love trying new raw food recipes. :yum

Katherine
09-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I had a raw deep-dish pizza once. the crust was made from cashews, and the filling was spinach and other raw veggies with red sauce. It was yummy, but can't make it at home due to soy and nut allergies.

(is there any way to make a raw crust without nuts?)

ShangriLewis
09-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I had a raw deep-dish pizza once. the crust was made from cashews, and the filling was spinach and other raw veggies with red sauce. It was yummy, but can't make it at home due to soy and nut allergies.

(is there any way to make a raw crust without nuts?)

Sprouted buckwheat? I think the one I had was nuts and sprouted wheat...but I'm not sure. I'm still waiting for a book from the library to look over recipes. I'm thinking the Boutenka one has one in it. Did you try the raw message board? (Aren't you over there. I thought I noticed you over there.)

Katherine
09-21-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm not on that board. We were still very new to the raw/vegan thing when we started dealing with ds's food allergies, and we backed off from the raw b/c the nut allergy seemed to exclude such an important source of raw food protein. Might be worth checking out though. :tu

Is this a separate board you're talking about?

ShangriLewis
09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Oops, I'm sorry your name and anothers on this board are similar in my little brain.

I'm talking about Alissa Cohen's board. It's a raw food board.