PDA

View Full Version : Double strollers--Inglesina Swift Double or Chicco Citta Twin?

mama2mychildren
08-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Anyone have any experience with either of the following:

Ingelsina Swift Double
Chicco Citta Twin
Maclaren Twin Traveller

We are needing a double stroller and I dont want to buy without hearing some thoughts. None of our local stores carry the Inglesina or Chicco.... :(

TheSweetLife
08-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Check out this double stroller

www.philandteds.com (http://www.philandteds.com)
We got it about a month ago for dd and soon to be arriving ds; it can be single or double and we really love it so far (have not used it as a double yet - obviously.)

The second seat can attach to the front of the stroller for when you have a newborn and a toddler or it can attach to the back when you have two toddlers. Its pretty lightweight for what it is. Its way better than a single jogging stroller we have and I think with the second seat attached its only 27lbs (pretty good for a double. Plus its a lot more compact than any other double.

Sorry, no experience with the other ones you mentioned :grin

HappyMommy
08-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Someone just showed me a Phil and Ted's stroller last week and I was so amazed! :D

As for the others listed, I'll be interested to hear experiences, because we're in the same boat, with those listed on our short list too. :)

kris10s
08-27-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm also interested... we need a twin stroller that folds down SMALL in the trunk so we don't have to rush out and buy a minivan...

http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/reviews/double-strollers.php has some good reviews.

I am still leaning towards the Mac.

Can Dance
08-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Well I have a wee bit of a stroller obsession :O I figure if I can't buy a new car, I might as well covet something slightly more attainable.

Right now we are ttcing #2 and this has got me thinking about the double. I saw one in the mall the other day, the Zooper Tango, which I had never seen in person before. it looked pretty sharp and had two toddler age kids in it. But the ones that I am coveting the most are the Phil and Teds and the Valco Twin. they are both made in New Zealand. The pros of the Phil are: it can be switched back and forth between a double and single easily. its very narrow. its light. it can handle rougher terrain pretty good. The cons are: the expense and the kids maybe touching wheels at the back.

Valco Twin: pretty big, but suppose to fit in standard doorway. looks great. rides like a dream. always suitable for 2 and any extra stuff you may have. but its large in the trunk and also quite weighty. my nieghbour has one of these, and I can attest to its great steering ability.

Also, if you want to check out some very exhaustive reviews, babybargains. com has all of this and more. its a great place to get a consumer evaluation.
let us know!
C

abbiroads
08-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I dont have the inglasina double, but I do have an Inglasina buggy/stroller. I love it. I didn't pay for it but it is still worth every penny. It is sturdy, easy to menuver and it looks fantastic.

MamaKanga
08-28-2005, 05:04 PM
tulips, I do not have the strollers you mentioned, but if I were getting a double umbrella type I would get the Mac. I have a Mac Techno XT and *love* it. I think Macs are awesome! My second choice would be the Inglesina. They get great reviews. Last would be the chicco, since I'm not a fan of them.

mumtoKiera, Your post caught my attention! I am also stroller obsessed! :O We are currently trying to decide on a double all-terrain stroller. We have narrowed it down to the Valco Runabout Twin and the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Both pricey, but DH is a jogger and takes our DS to the playground (2 miles away) a lot, and I'm a walker, so we need something that will withstand a LOT of use and be very comfy for our kids. We do not live near a store that sells either of these, however, so that creates a bit of a problem since we can't see them in person. We are thinking of ordering both and then returning the one we like least. Not a great solution, but we can't figure out what else to do! :shrug Let me know what you decide!

mamaKristin
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Chiming in on double strollers...

We didn't buy one when we went from one to two children, but I just got one last month. I got the Schwinn double jogger, with the swivel wheel. http://www.joggingstroller.com/brand/schwinn/safari-tt.shtml I needed a jogger for the roads and terrain around here, but wanted the flexibility of the swivel wheel. It's supposed to be able to fit through doorways...it's hit and miss. My kids love it! DS is 3 and DD is 11 months, and it's so easy to push them both in it, smoother than my single stroller by far. The best part is that they hold hands while we are out. :hearts

I totally understand how hard it is to buy without seeing the product. I had to order on line, because I live way out in the middle of nowhere in Canada. The closest stores that sold any strollers like I wanted are like 7 hours drive...seriously! I originally wanted a *pricer* model, but when I factored in the shipping and duty, the Schwinn was great price-wise. And hey, the kids are happy in it!

Oh, and I love the Zooper stroller too. May have gone for the Tango if we had better sidewalks here, and didn't have to deal with snow for such a long time!

MamaKanga
08-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Just a note about Zooper--we have one, though not a double. We've had it for 1.5 yrs and really like it. It's good quality and I would consider the brand if they made a double all-terrain. I have thought about the Tango for shopping, etc, but am holding off on buying an umbrella double at this point.

BlessingsX4
08-29-2005, 10:23 AM
For my fellow stroller savy moms! I just purchased the Mac Volo for Abigail and I am in love with it. I have to sell my other 4 strollers :shifty now.
Great group for stroller info. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/join

mamatogands
08-29-2005, 10:25 AM
we have the basic graco duoglider you can get at target and have been completely happy with it.
worth every penny!