PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm stupid, camcorders?

JJsMom
08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't understand something about camcorders, I feel like a huge idiot just asking! :blush Ok, so if I bought one of those new dvd camcorders, would I still need to download onto a computer, then burn it to a disc? Aren't there any that you can pop out the disc and stick it into the DVD player? If I bought any type of digital one, I dowload it onto my computer, then onto a disc, is that right? I'm a moron! :blush

gamomof2
08-19-2005, 02:01 PM
You're not a moron!! I *think* with those new DVD camcorders you can put the DVD directly into the player, or at least hook it up to the DVD player. I am not totally sure, though.. so I guess I wasn't much help! :P I am not technically inclined, either. :grin

Punkie
08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Most of them burn to the small DVDs, and most DVD players can play them directly. You could also load it on to your computer and then burn it to a big DVD.

HTH!

Irene
08-19-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah, then you can also edit it too. if you or your dh is anything like my dh and wont hit the pause button EVER :giggle then you might want to do some editing ;)

Punkie
08-19-2005, 04:22 PM
:giggle

We also put it on our computer first so that I can add cool menus and stuff to the dvd and then we burn it for our family :tu

Irene
08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
yeah us too, it makes SUPER christmas mothers fathers day gifts, and its so inexpensive, and everyone loves it! you can add music and all that! very cool.

JJsMom
08-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks! Okay, so now which ones do you have? I feel like I don't even know where to start. I would like one that goes directly to disc (big or small) and not too terribly expensive, I know they aren't cheap, but I don't need a very fancy one! Thanks again! Now I am excited again! :tu

Maggie
08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't even know the answer to your question and we have a camcorder! :lol :O

You should be as nice to yourself as you are to other people! :hug :heart