PDA

View Full Version : potty training the co-sleeper?

Zoesmama
08-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Any special advice. I really don't want to be pee'd on so even on days she wears training pants she goes into diaper for sleep. She fills up the pull ups though at night. Does this mean maybe she is not ready? She stays dry for hours upon hours during the day and then lets it all go at once and is really wet. I'm thinking of doing a cloth diaper I have a couple still but I need to buy waterproof pants for them or covers that will fit her. Do you think the cloth would help her with night training more?

I've thrown out many dry diapers because she wants it off. :shrug

We will be putting her back into her on bed in about a month though. Maybe only 3 weeks from now depends on how she handles our move across country. She has been a crib sleeper since 3 months for the first portion of sleep anyway. At 19 months she went to her big girl bed and comes in our room sometime in morning around 7am-8am or so but on occasions would still be in her bed until 9-10am.

We aren't working much with potty now but when we get moved and settled into new place I'll begin encouraging her to use the potty again. She has had great days where she goes several times but always sooo many accidents because I'm busy with other things too.

godsgracegiven
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
We use to put plastic pants over out dc's trainers, intell they started waking up dry.

traceyd
08-25-2005, 10:29 PM
I had several friends whose children were using the potty w/o accidents during the day that still wet at night for several months. My dd stayed dry 99% of the time once she quit having daytime accidents. I still put cloth trainers (they were thick--more like a pull on diaper) on her at night though for a very long time because I feared her wetting the bed. She was out of diapers during the day 2 months past her 2nd birthday and I left her in trainers at night around another 6 months or so. My rule of thumb was she had to have a solid month w/o nighttime wetting before I would take her out of the trainers. Right after her little brother was born (she was 3 years 3 months) she had 2 nights where she wet the bed but fortunately I had it well padded for him so it didn't get messed up too bad.