PDA

View Full Version : How to make sling softer??

Zoesmama
08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I know it says in the Maya Wrap instructions not to dry them and I haven't done so. But can I add fabric softener to help soften it up some. Mine is soo stiff even after 1.5 years of having it. I've been tempted to throw it in the dryer for just a few seconds to see if that helps.

Lyn
08-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Hmm, if you don't mind the possibility of shrinkage I would say go ahead and put it in the dryer, just watch out for hot rings -- and I would probably dry it with the tail threaded through the rings to cut down on banging the insides of the dryer.

I also don't see a reason not to use fabric softener since slings don't usually need to be absorbent.

hth!

ChristineG
08-16-2005, 06:08 PM
I second putting it in the dryer, as long as you have a little fabric to spare for shrinkage. Hanging anything to dry always makes it stiffer. You can dry on low and you can even only partially dry it in the dryer (hang to dry first, then do 15 or 20 mins in the dryer.)

MarynMunchkins
08-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Put it on an air fluff cycle. Than you won't even have to worry about it shrinking. :)

Zoesmama
08-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks. :tu

I got the Gain with softener added. Before our plane trip I'll wash it and might air dry it but throw in the dryer for last 10 minutes to soften it more if the Gain doesn't. I did buy it long in case dh wanted to wear her when she was little but even with him there is plenty of slack to it and he is over 6ft tall. :)

Mama Calidad
08-17-2005, 06:47 AM
What I do is to fill the kitchen sink with water, a good shot of unscented fabric softener, and a few drops of lavendar EO (after all, you want the sling to be a calming place...lavendar's a good calming scent to encourage that ;) ). Then, hang to dry either in the morning or evening (not in the heat of day).

Zoesmama
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
What I do is to fill the kitchen sink with water, a good shot of unscented fabric softener, and a few drops of lavendar EO (after all, you want the sling to be a calming place...lavendar's a good calming scent to encourage that ;) ). Then, hang to dry either in the morning or evening (not in the heat of day).

OH that sounds great too. I love lavendar and dd is soooo calmed by her evening baths with her lavendar wash and shampoos.