PDA

View Full Version : New kitty pic and pee question

ShangriLewis
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/VeggieMum/Pets/DSC01712.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/VeggieMum/Pets/DSC01722.jpg
I love this one. She is my writing buddy! She loves the computer and if I leave it open she will come and sit on it. If I'm on it she will come and sit with me.

I got a new kitty the day before my birthday! She finally got her name and it's August. My mom brought her over and it was a quick decision. She had taken two kittens a few weeks previous and asked if there were anymore. So she calls me from work and says, "Since I was out here I gave my patient a call and she is bringing me another kitten. I hope you still want her because I'll be out in a little bit."

She was an outside kitty, but took to the box no problem. She is maybe 8 weeks old. She hasn't been fixed yet. (I still have to talk to the vet. I'm going to do that on Wednesday when I take Monty, our dog, in for his apppoinment.) My only problem is she has peed on my bed twice. The dog was not in the way off her getting out of the room. This morning she jumped on my bed and peed on it. All I can think of to do is keep her off the bed. I'm not a cat person, so I don't really know what to do with her. Luckily my dh family are a bunch of crazy cat lovers!

Luckily her and Monty get along. At least Monty tolerates her. She does like to torment him a bit. She climbs under the coffee table and makes a popping sound. But, Monty tries to ignore her. She does know he could fit her in his mouth right?

boonpnutsmom
08-16-2005, 03:33 PM
She is adorable. She will not need to be spayed until she is 6 months old. As for the shishin'g on the bed, you need to eliminate the odor from the first time or she will keep coming back again and again. The first time may have been an accident, but now it is because of the scent. And, no they don't seem to possess any sense of danger, Noel, our 10 month old, tried to say hi to the electric cord the other day. Luckily I saw here in time and only I got shocked and not her.

Sanveann
08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
She is SO precious!!! I love kitties with little asymmetrical markings on their faces :)

You don't HAVE to get her spayed till she is six months old, but many vets will now do it as young as 8 weeks. I personally prefer to wait until at least 16 or 20 weeks, though ... at 8 weeks they are just SO little!

I agree, make sure you wash your bedclothes VERY well. This might be inconvenient, but try putting a bowl of food on your bed, too, if you can manage, LOL! At the very least, just feed her up there at mealtimes. Most kitties will not go potty where they eat.

You might also try putting a small litterbox in your bedroom, just for now, so that she knows THAT is where she goes potty. Maybe the other one was too far away?