PDA

View Full Version : He secretly loves it

beccafromlalaland
08-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Dh has been saying since DS2 was born that we need to put him in the crib. He slept on the couch for the first 7 months of his life. Then we moved and got rid of our couch because we had "planned" on buying new living room furniture...hasn't happened yet. ANyway the crib is sidecarred and DS2 sleeps between us now the first half of the night then we transfer him to the other side of me...the crib. Anyway DH has been saying since we moved in in April that he will find the screws and bolts to put the crib together all the way and then we can move the crib to the side of the room and Whit can start sleeping on his own. Well Lets see it's now August and the crib is still side carred and DS2 still snuggles between us most of the night, and Dh will put DS2 in the crook of his arm when he's fussing rub his belly and help him go to sleep. Yeah I think he secretly loves co-sleeping.

I :heart my hubby

ArmsOfLove
08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
:grin

rachelmarie
08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
That's how my dh is! I know he loves having ds in bed with us. Ds has been sleeping with us every night for the last 3 months (off and on for his first 4) and up until about a month ago he would say, "Jude, are you going to sleep in your crib tonight?" And I'd say, "Adam! He belongs with us!" I know he was joking but now he doesn't say that anymore and he even defended our co-sleeping to his mom :mrgreen

And last night after Jude was already asleep I got up to research some stuff online and the two of them were snuggled together face to face. So cute!

I think that he likes it so much because he works a lot and doesn't get to spend a lot of time with Jude, just a few hours in the evening (sometimes less). Now if I could only get him to admit it.... ;)

Vipers_Princess
08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
:nak {well, EBM} Viper is the same way, he swore up and down there was no way he'd be able to sleep with Emmie in our bed. So I bought one of those huge First Years co sleeper things that go in the middle of the bed. Yeah, that lasted all of her first night home. Two full size adults and an eighteen by forty cosleeper in a full size bed. Uh-huh. We've been using just the sleep positioner ever since, and he admits that it is 'much easier' and 'not as nerve wracking' as he thought it would be.... once or twice, I've even heard him telling others that he enjoys having Emmie in our bed and the extra time it gives them. I had to go to a meeting this morning on behalf of my ex, and when I got back, they were snuggled up in the bed in almost identical positions... {I took pictures, which I'll post as soon as I get the chance...} :heart

Radosny Matka
08-17-2005, 07:11 PM
:hearts

TulipMama
08-17-2005, 07:36 PM
My hubby still has a visceral negative reaction to the term "AP"--and yet, he's the one who loves having them cuddle with us in the morning hours (they are tucked in their own beds now, but usually a couple find their way to ours in the middle of the night. *grin*) He's the one that keeps saying they are only little for a short time.