PDA

View Full Version : 4 under 4 (not all mine!)... need ideas for "new" entertainment

joystrength
08-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Hi, mamas!
We're keeping our two neices for two nights this week. So, I'll have:
DS, 3 1/2
DN, 2 1/2
DD 22 mo.
DN, 11 mo.

(The neices are not nursing.)

SO, I'll be busy, yes. And yes, my DH is taking a day off in the middle, so he'll be here to help. But, I'm looking for some "fresh" ideas to entertain/occupy this crew.

I've thought about play-dough (homemade).
Outside play is good, .. (but it's been raining like Noah's experience here, and lots of lightning too, so that may or may not happen)
videos, too,

I plan to ONLY do the basics as far as housekeeping goes -- meals and baths, mainly :grin-- just to focus on the children, avoid fights, etc. But, I'd still like some other options for keeping them, and me, busy.

OK, I'm waiting ... with poised pen ... :popcorn :highfive

jujubnme
08-15-2005, 12:53 PM
We've been having fun with singing games, like Ring around the Rosie and London Bridges. One Julius just learned this year... everyone sits in a circle and claps while singing: Down by the banks of the hanky panky, Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky, with an Eeeps, Ipes, Opes, Umps, (child name) jumps in and goes kerplunk! (Then child jumps into the middle of the circle and everyone pretends to get splashed :)) Wish I could sing the melody for you, but you can just make up your own. ;) You could also get a bunch of scarfs or rhythm instruments and dance to music.

You could make up some cookie dough ahead of time (too many little ones, I think for everyone to help with the mixing) and get the kids to help you put it on the cookie sheet and put sprinkles on them---like snickerdoodles or something. Then bake it and have it for snacks.

Bubbles are always fun for that age. Dress up clothes. Puppets. Story time.

That's all I have for now...

joystrength
08-15-2005, 01:24 PM
ooooooooooo, I 'll make the cookie dough tonight!~

we already made play-dough for tomorrow!

THANKS!

:clap

beccafromlalaland
08-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Pudding painting is always a hit here...we use white contruction paper and chocolate pudding...just dump the pudding on the paper and let little hands go at it. That way you don't have to worry about taste testing paints :grin

joystrength
08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
The neices are here, after a 2-hour car ride with no nap ... they arrived in the MIDDLE of my two DC's naps. So, four tired kiddos. Two wet to go out, grass is too tall (a week and a half of rain and DS would have a big ole' asthma reaction if he touches them that tall) ... so

"The chickens are REVOLTING!!!!!!!!!!!!" agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, things are OK. THe girls are playing on the indoor plastic slide.
And DS is watching a Sesame street exercise video.

And I"m RIGHT here with them!

PRAY, mamas!

We've survived an hour and 49 minutes.

jujubnme
08-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Hope things are still going well! I bet you're going to need a big *nap* when you're all done!! :hug :heart