PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Question

Close2MyHeart
08-14-2005, 07:31 AM
We're looking into getting a cell phone w/in the next few mos. We're thinking about getting one and making it our only phone. Wondering if anyone else does this and what you use?? I'm hoping to find a good plan w/ rollover that won't cost TOO much. Is there such a thing?? :rolleyes

BearyBlessed
08-14-2005, 07:52 AM
We thought about doing that. But, we had to have DSL, so we needed the phone line anyways. :shrug

Cingular is the only one I know for sure that has rollover. But, it's not very cheap. It's what we have right now. It's not too bad, but it's not great, either.

I used to have T-Mobile. I think they were the cheapest, at least in our area. But, we didn't get reception at our house. :/ I know others have had problems with them, but I never did.

I hope you find something that works for you. :)

MamatoBiz
08-14-2005, 09:24 AM
We each have a cell phone, and no regular phone anymore. It works great for us since we have cable internet and great cell reception at home. We have unlimited anytime minutes, 1000 day minutes and rollover. We've never gone over, because the months that we've used the phones a LOT it's just drawn minutes from our rollover account to cover it. I love that!

For our two phones, we pay $78 a month since it's a family plan.

rachel
08-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Clara, which cell phone company are you using?

zak
08-14-2005, 02:11 PM
We only have cell phones, no land line. We hav a cable modem, and cable tv.

Our cell plan is $120 a month, but could be less if we'd reevaluate our current family share plan. We also have roll-over minutes.

:)

abbiroads
08-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I've been happy with sprint. We used to only have cell phones, b4 we were parents. I don't think I would be comfertable w/out a home phone now b/k we have babysitters relatively often.

MamatoBiz
08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry, forgot to say we're with Cingular. They're okay...I've had a bad experience in setting up the phones and the activation charges being misrepresented (aka 200 per phone, not total...at that point, 400 on the bill we weren't told about). We had sprint for a while, but got terrible reception. I think those are the only two we've had. My boss has Verizon and really likes it a lot :)

abbiroads
08-14-2005, 04:28 PM
We did not like verizon at all.

MomToDM
08-14-2005, 08:37 PM
We have Verizon and have had no problems with it. We had sprint and they always messed up our bills and we had cingular and got terrible reception. We like Verizon the best, our bill currently runs $100 per month, but we are going to be downgrading pretty soon, so it will be somewhat less.

4blessings
08-15-2005, 10:21 AM
We have Cingular with roll-over and I hate it. Their customer service stinks and in my area, anyway, so does their coverage. We had AT&T. When our contract with them expried, we were rolled over to Cingular (due to their merger). I was told that we wouldn't notice a difference at all, but that wasn't true. I'm stuck with them until 2007 b/c it would cost $150 to cancel my contract. :hissyfit

Amber
08-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Where I live Verizon has the best coverage, and we havn't had any problems with them. I have heard that Cingular doesn't have as good of coverage as the other carriers. One thing to consider if you do switch to cell phones only is to get a cell phone that has some sort of GPS tracking in it so that if you call 911 they will be able to locate you.