PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a sewing stud

kris10s
08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I made a Mei Tai! I've been sewing for less than a year, and I really only sew what I need to: a slipcover here, lots of slings and pouches there. For this project I had to turn and topstitch EVERYTHING which I had never ever done before. I padded the straps. I turned and topstitched a curved line. I made it fully reversible and used different color threads for the top and bottom. I never learned to sew growing up and other than someone coming over and showing me how to set up my machine, I am entirely self taught and so I am proud of having figured it out.

Thanks for letting me brag, ladies! :grin

I'm off to post pictures in the proper forum!

TulipMama
08-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Wow!

I still want to order a sling for my SIL due in December from you. Been distracted lately, though, and keep procrastinating on sending you a check.

I'm impressed with your sewing skills.

My half-brother's mother is a French seamstress / designer. She gave me a sewing machine when I graduated from high school. I only ever made ONE thing on it--a simple Christmas table cloth with ribbon trim. (My sister used it a lot, though--and she's amazingly self-taught like you.) I'm super-impressed with what you've done!