PDA

View Full Version : This struck me as funny...

JJsMom
08-13-2005, 01:04 PM
we went to the whole foods coop today and right before we went in, we took my dog (a boxer) for a walk, then put him in our van. This lady came up to us in the coop and said "I'm sure you've been told this before, your dog has excellent conformation." Then she walked away. :think :/ My dad and dh were both there and we all stood there looking at each other confused. So, we came home and looked it up on the internet and here is what it means:
Conformation
How well a specific dog's structure, type and temperament conform to it's breed's written standard of excellence.
Conformation competition is also commonly referred to as "breed competition."
from http://niingkennelclub.com/glossary.htm
Doesn't it seem funny that she used a word that we didn't know and added that we probably heard it before?! :giggle We all thought it was funny and a little strange. Just thought I would shre! Hope you are not offended if you have said this to someone before! :P~

domesticzookeeper
08-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Well, that's quite the compliment. She must have really admired the look of your Boxer, and just assumed he was a show dog. "Excellent conformation" is not something you'll hear every day, that's for sure :giggle

Irene
08-13-2005, 04:24 PM
My ILs raise German Shepherds and they always talk like that, and talk "show" talk and Im always like "huh? what?" and of course they are always using the B word which always throws me a bit...
funny though, I think when people are used to talking like that they dont even think others arent used to hearing it.

and Im so jealous you have a boxer!! I want one!!!

JJsMom
08-14-2005, 12:56 PM
and Im so jealous you have a boxer!! I want one!!!

He's so great! He was our first baby! :hearts He has some seperation anxiety issues, but we he is such a good dog and he has such excellent conformation! :laughtears