PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant! At last Vegans & Vegetarians have been recognised as Christian.

Lilyflower
08-09-2005, 06:35 AM
I'm so glad to have finally found confirmation of what I have known all along. When my husband and I first became vegetarian in 1990, we were condemned by my catholic family as being 'new age' pagans. I am so glad that we have been recognised as Christian at long-last. It is because we were brought up to be caring Christian people, that we grew to think about and care about animals. St Francis of Assisi is our patron saint.

Our children are all, physically, strong and healthy. When I was pregnant with the first two, I ate fish. They are both on the autistic spectrum. I suspect it was from the mercury in the fish. (Mercury is known to cause autism.) It may also have been caused by the mercury in their infant vaccines. The younger two had mercury-free vacines.

Anyway, just wanted to confirm that my kids are large for their age (tall) and strong. They have a vegetarian diet which includes: milk, cheese, eggs, quorn, soya foods, lentils and rice, bean-curd. They all stopped drinking milk when they were about 4 or 5 years old (their choice) but they still have cheese.

I know that it is possible to survive without meat or fish. Now, when I occasionally have fish, it makes me feel more aggressive so I have stopped eating it altogether. The children and my husband are all strict vegetarians and don't eat meat or fish.

ShangriLewis
08-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Welcome! Sorry, you have a had a hard time. I have encountered this before but only in small doses. Have you seen this site?

http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes.html

I love the pictures!

Lilyflower
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Welcome! Sorry, you have a had a hard time. I have encountered this before but only in small doses. Have you seen this site?

http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes.html

I love the pictures!

Thank you very much. I will show this site to my husband. I'm ashamed to say that he is the main cook in our household. :blush I hope this fact is not too shocking. Sorry, if it is. I am trying to be a better mother. :doh

ArmsOfLove
08-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Well my dh is cooking dinner right now because I'm back here with our twins ;)

My entire family is vegan--has been since ds1 was 6 months old.

When the twins hit their 6 month growth spurt a month ago I had to go back to eating meat (turkey and beef) but I'm looking forward to them starting to eat and less of a tax on my body so I can go back to being vegan :tu

ShangriLewis
08-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much. I will show this site to my husband. I'm ashamed to say that he is the main cook in our household. :blush I hope this fact is not too shocking. Sorry, if it is. I am trying to be a better mother. :doh

My husband cooks alot, too. I'm sure you are a wonderful mother. Many men like to cook and I hope my boys will cook for their families.