PDA

View Full Version : Is an Ergo worth the money...

KatherineM
08-07-2005, 03:30 AM
I am uncomfortable with using a sling, I have been looking and it just looks complicated and unsafe. I know it isn't, but I would be worried that I didn't tie it right or tight enough or too tight etc etc. So I was looking at the Ergo, and this is something that my husband would be willing to use too. So anyway, I was wondering if the Ergo with the infant insert is worth the money.

BlessedBlue
08-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Oh yes!! :tu DH thinks straps are much more manly! :giggle I don't know about the infant insert - I haven't used one yet. But we do a lot of walking here, and the Ergo is well worth the money. It is rated for a higher amount of pounds than many other carriers which means you will be able to use it for much longer (I think until the child is 4...) So you would end up spending per year the same amount as a Baby Bjorn, or Infantino carrier - and get a greater amount of use out of it.

DD loves it, it doesn't hurt her legs. And now that I'm pregnant, wearing her in a sling makes me nauseous. :shrug I can buckle the Ergo under my belly (the weight goes on my hips) and off we go!

DH loves the Ergo - the center of gravity is right on top of his - unlike carriers with a frame. And DD usually falls asleep on his back (which makes him feel like a million bucks!). The sleeping hood is great because it keeps her head from flopping around, and I think they even sell extensions for it when your child gets bigger.

IMHO the Ergo is a great investment. Well constructed, comfy, and very useful. Yes, a little pricey, but I decided I would end up spending the same amount if I got several carriers for each stage in my child's life.

HTH!

Havilah
08-07-2005, 04:07 AM
We've been very happy with ours :)

Punkie
08-07-2005, 06:23 AM
YES! We're about to buy our second because my dh really likes it and my ds (3 1/2) will even go in there in hikes. I can't explain how big of a deal that is, because he didn't even like carriers that much when he was small!

Embracing Grace
08-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Yes, it's wonderful! We went hiking for 3+ hours last weekend, and ds was very happy in the Ergo the entire time. He even took a nap in it! I frequently use it at home as well. I put ds in it whenever he feels clingy and I have to do chores. :tu

blessedwithboys
08-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Totally worth it! We have a family farm so ds spends a lot of time on our backs while we work. My only regret about the Ergo is that I bought mine about 6 months before they came out with the awesome looking new ones. :hissyfit

something glorious
08-09-2005, 08:54 AM
YES! and i'll just say i wasn't crazy about the original, and even sold it on ebay cause it wasn't getting used :shrug

but when they came out with the new one, they had changed some of the things i didn't like on the first model, so i decided to buy one and give it a spin.

and i :heart it!!!

greenemama
08-09-2005, 08:55 AM
modern mama was here a week or so ago with hers and i was totally jealous. :hissyfit

Joesmomma
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Before you buy you should check out the sutemi carrier, it is similiar, but you can use a side carry also.
Therese