PDA

View Full Version : fwd. facing wrap position safe?

GodChick
08-06-2005, 09:37 AM
i've heard things about snuggli's not being good for babe's spine--i think because of the dangling legs (?) is the forward facing postion in a wrap ok, or is it hard on babe's spine too? dd2 likes that position in a snuggli, but i don't like the snuggli. (i've been using ring slings & pouch, but now i want to try a wrap.)

mamma2allen
08-06-2005, 08:40 PM
My understanding is that a wrap holds their legs farther apart and they are "sitting" on more so it is not as much of a problem. HTH
Stephanie

Jenne
08-07-2005, 12:12 PM
You just have to make sure to position baby so they sit instead of dangle. For me, it helps if after I get dd situated I pull her legs forward...so her butt scootches forward and she's leaning into me a bit more. Then, I spread the fabric up her legs, trying to get it all the way to her knees, so her trhighs take weight.

GodChick
08-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks, ladies! I've been making sure to have enough fabric pulled out to make a little "seat" for her to sit on, and making sure her hips are flexed perpendicular to her body, and not dangling. :tu She is loving the wrap--she is obviously more comfy in it even than she is in the ring sling or pouch sling. I think the wrap is fast becoming our favorite! :rockon