PDA

View Full Version : Had to get them eating more fruits...

Beyond Blessed
08-05-2005, 03:44 PM
For some reason all my dss would eat was apples. No other fruit. And now they are sick of apples. So I finally pulled out my blender and have been making slushies and smoothies. :tu They are now eating (and craving) strawberries and bananas and pineapple. :yum I need to find a protein powder or something to add to give it even more nutrition, but so far I've not had to add sugar :grin They like is as is. :amen I am going to try blueberries in it soon. But I was so worried about having to pull the blender out all the time. So I just made room on the counter (tough thing to do around here) and just rinse it out with soapy water each time we use it. Probably a :shrug moment for most of you - but it's a *huge* breakthrough for me. :grin

Irene
08-05-2005, 04:28 PM
YAY! my dd refuses to eat any kind of smoothie, even though everyone says kids love em! Im glad its working for you though! cool!

boonpnutsmom
08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Rebecca, there is a protein powder with Melaleuca that is awesome. I also have one by Herbalife that tastes heavenly.

Amber
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
You can also add a little powdered milk to give the smoothies an extra nutritional boost.

Punkie
08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
My kids love them too. We call them Jamba Juices ;)

To add protein, I make my dd's with whole milk yogurt and for ds, who is allergic to casein, I make them with soygurt.

Beyond Blessed
08-05-2005, 08:35 PM
I've made them with milk and ice and then with just ice - and they really *preferred* the just ice ones - so I'm going to try to do more of those type - I'll look into those powders, thanks Lyssa. I really liked it with milk and we will have to try adding yogurt as well. I am just so tickled that they are actually loving these healthy little "shakes". :think now if only veggies could taste so good! :grin (though they are doing *much* better with those too.)