PDA

View Full Version : QUICK -- veggie "liquid food" for my poor little girl

lumpofclay
08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Chandler had to have two back (bottom) molars (one on each side of her mouth) pulled today. :( She's not supposed to have any solids foods tonight. Knowing her, it may be a day or two before she'll feel like chewing much. I need some ideas!!!

We can't buy veggie broth mix locally, else I'd make her some veggie broth.I guess I could buy a can, but :shrug who knows if it's good, healthy (:laughtears), etc. . . What can I fix for her?

Oh, no dairy, either. . .

Chris3jam
08-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Can she eat applesauce, smoothies, purees? Or does she need to stick with just the thin liquid?

JessicaTX
08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, hummus, baked sweet potatoes (mine are always mushy, i'm assuming that's normal)

joystrength
08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
veggie juice? Bolthouse has a GREAT line.

would popscicles hurt her teeth? even homemade?
pureed soup (even chunky, but through the blender)?

pureed fruits?

mashed potatoes?

edited to fix non-veggie ideas! sorry

lumpofclay
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
He just said to not give her solids but we can give her anything that will go down easily.

Applesauce is great!! :tu I even have apples awaiting saucing. :laughtears We can make smoothies too. Thanks, Chris!

Oooh. . Jessica,you have good ideas too! She loves baked sweet potatoes, especially with lots of "butter." She likes hummus too.

:hug Y'all are great. . . I keep having to fix my post because y'all keeping replying. Popsicles would be great. We even have some in the house. Yes, we are vegetarians. I can definitely put some fruits in the blender for her. :)

Leslie
08-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Can you borrow a juicer and make carrot juice blends?