PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible???

Cindy
08-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Our family has had a really rough summer with a teething, co-sleeping and active all-night-nursing toddler. Nobody has slept much and the sleep-deprived fog has become a part of our life.

But... for the past week, ds has gone to sleep several times without nursing... Last night he nursed and wiggled around - it took a while for him to settle down, but when he did, he rolled away from me and went to sleep without nursing!! This week he has woken several times during the night and just needed physical contact to know I was there. Sometimes he will nurse for a minute, then let go and fall asleep...

Is it possible this extremely challenging phase is about to end??? Perhaps a child-led partial night weaning is in sight????

Oh Lord, please let it be so! Our family SO needs the break!!!

Thanks for listening :grouphug

BlessedBlue
08-04-2005, 08:53 AM
:hug2

I'm in the same boat as you. My DD is the same age as your DS with much of the same behavior you described.

*fingers crossed* Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Cindy
08-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Your DD is a Leap Day baby! I was hoping Ds would be, he was due that weekend, but he came early. I was so looking forward to telling him things like (when he turns 16) "You can't drive yet, you are only 4 years old" and "No, you don't get a birthday this year, maybe in two more years..."

:D

2sunshines
08-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes, it is entirely possible for a child to self night-wean when they are ready. Only time will tell in your case.

My son basically self night-weaned. It was a rather easy smooth transition which worked great for us.

My daughter was not willing to give up night-nursing as easily. So each child is different.

BlessedBlue
08-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Your DD is a Leap Day baby! I was hoping Ds would be, he was due that weekend, but he came early. I was so looking forward to telling him things like (when he turns 16) "You can't drive yet, you are only 4 years old" and "No, you don't get a birthday this year, maybe in two more years..."

You just spoke DH's daydream! He so wants to make a big deal out of this, but now with #2 on the way, we're going to have to either tone it down, or find something extra special for DC#2. :lol

Cindy
08-05-2005, 03:06 AM
You just spoke DH's daydream! He so wants to make a big deal out of this, but now with #2 on the way, we're going to have to either tone it down, or find something extra special for DC#2. :lol

Congratulations on the new baby!

I really do think we are about to get a break - Elijah slept last night for several hours in a row!! It's 6am, I am awake and I don't feel like somebody just beat me up. I don't remember the last time I wasn't tired. It is amazing!!!

:ptl

Irene
08-05-2005, 10:40 AM
yay Im glad its getting better :) :tu