PDA

View Full Version : first meeting with other moms from online group

joystrength
08-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi, mamas!
just asking for prayers as we head out to our first "park date" with moms and kiddos from a local yahoo moms group. I've heard several of the moms (read, actually) mention prayer and church, so I'm :pray for a Christian mommy friend. And for little friends for my kiddos, too.

Thanks, I'll update later.

:lol

2sunshines
08-04-2005, 09:58 AM
:pray Hope that you have a great time with the moms and kids! Let us know how it goes.

Wonder Woman
08-04-2005, 10:55 AM
:pray :popcorn

joystrength
08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi, mamas!
Thanks for the replies.
Here's a rundown:
Things were OK. No big discussions or anything. DD jumped right in and played, mostly in the sand. She climbed up and down and through the other kiddos. DS just stayed by me and played mostly in the sand at the playground. The other moms were friendly and chatty. I felt welcome. Of course, I kept calling everyone the wrong name, so that wasn't so great. But, no one spanked or yelled. That's a plus, right? It was pretty hot out, so we only stayed about 45 minutes. There were three little babes there, and it was fairly close to morning nap/lunch time, so everyone left within 45 min of us arriving.

I'll definitely go to another meet-up or gathering or whatever it is called. Sadly, the one mom I really chatted with is moving in two weeks WAY up north. So, we'll see what comes of it, though!

Everyone was nice! (how basic and non-descriptive is that?) :shrug

glad I went.

Radosny Matka
08-05-2005, 07:31 PM
:tu Im glad you had fun. :D

Wonder Woman
08-05-2005, 07:38 PM
nice is good! :tu glad you enjoyed yourself.