PDA

View Full Version : Find Gardening Fun??

JellyBeansSlingMom
08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Are you one of the "weird people" that finds amazement at the new seeds that popped up in your garden and actually likes to weed and mulch? I am!!! I am not sure if this belongs in the entertainment forum but its a big entertainment for me. I just love to garden and experiment with new techniques and plants. I bet I talk about my plants and garden almost as much as I talk about my kids. Does anyone else find it as entertaining as I do?

Marie

Irene
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
I so wish! I walk by my garden and think "I should weed" then think "nah, its too cold out here" and go back in :shifty and I wonder why I dont have much success.....

JellyBeansSlingMom
08-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Hehe I like it but with our heat I have to start real early or really late for it to be cool enough to relaly work out there. I honestly do enjoy it more since we used lots of mulch. A lot less weeds.

Lady TS
08-04-2005, 06:47 AM
I loooooove gardening. Unfortunately, this year my flower and herb gardens are looking pretty pathetic. I guess having a baby on June 12 will do that, huh?

Maybe next year...or the next. I prefer to garden in solitude and not have to watch out for my poor plants being stomped by little feet, but that hasn't happened in awhile, hehe. Oh well.

We are trying to do a small veggie stand by the road. Here is a pic of part of our garden out back (and dh):
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/LadyTS/DCP_0572.jpg

We have 10 rows of veggies--well, 8 actually, since I didn't get the last two planted before dd was born. :O We also have a small garden of sorts in a field in new ground, but there aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with the weeds, even with mulching!

We are big on mulching too. Makes it soo much easier to keep up with the weeds--and not have to water as much!

mom2_AthruZ
08-04-2005, 07:11 AM
I love to garden! This is funny too since as a kid I disliked having to help with my grandparents garden. Now I call and ask my grandfather questions all the time! :laughtears We all get a kick out of it.

Tanya your place is beautiful!! Congrats too on your new baby girl. I love her name. I am a barn nut, the older the better. When I get a camera that takes decent pictures I want to take a day and just drive a photograph old barns...such a great part of history.

O.k back to your regularly scheduled post....Gardening rocks :rockon

JellyBeansSlingMom
08-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Wow! I love your land! We rent for now and live in the city so I make best use of space as possible. I seriuosly plan where to put stuff. I have plot that is only 29' X 29' and one raised bed and it takes a lot of planning but I can fit a lot in there. I didn't have much of a garden when I was pregnant with Samuel. That is too much bending over! I am the only one that really keeps up with it. I told my hubby one day I want to have a garden big enough to feed our family and can some too. And also enough to give to our neighbors and family and maybe some leftover to sell. He laughed and said "Marie, thats not a garden thats a farm!"