PDA

View Full Version : Sidecarring a Crib

Maggie
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
How exactly do you do that? Is there a way to attach them? What if they don't line up evenly? Of two of the crib heights, one is slightly too low and one is slightly too high. So, how does one make this work?

TIA!

Irene
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
as for the height, are there wheels on your bed frame, or the cribs? maybe you can take those off and use little chair coasters so it doesnt ruin your floor. thats what we did because of the same thing. it still doesnt line up perfectly but its a lot better than not having it at all!
we didnt tie ours together, although I know its recommended, but neither of the beds have ever moved. we stuffed rolled up sheets in the back of the crib behind the mattress so the crib mattress would butt up against ours.and tightly. make sure there is no gap at all between mattresses as Im sure you know ;)
the crib is against the wall and our bed is shoved up against it, so thats why it doesnt go anywhere.

BlessedBlue
08-01-2005, 02:40 PM
What we did was take off the moving side rail (of course), and tied the crib frame to the bed frame with twine. As far as the mattress height, I played around with different thicknesses of blankets under the crib mattress until the heights of the mattresses were nearly equal. I also put a large piece of cardboard under the mattresses - so that the crib mattress would stay level and not fall into the space between the frames. I put towels between the crib mattress and the far rail of the crib so that the mattress couldn't wander back, and then I doubled the bumpers up (to cover up the towels). It works pretty good - as long as I make sure our queen mattress stays put next to the crib (cheap mattress - tends to slide around...).

HTH!

doubleblessings
08-01-2005, 03:18 PM
we tied ours and the crib was against a wall. I also checked daily to make sure the bed was up against the crib. We rolled up a sheet for the space at the back of the crib, but I read somewhere that a pool noodle works well.

MomToDM
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
We haven't finished our setup but so far, we have put the crib between a wall and our bed. We used a pool noodle on the wall side of the crib to push the mattress over to our mattress, the crib is about 3 inches shorter than the bed, so dh is making 4 3in blocks to put it up on, then we will use twine or wire to anchor the crib to our bed frame. Hopefully it works well.

mamaKristin
08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
We did the wall/crib/bed combo too. Our bed only moves when really pushed. We had the crib mattress on the lower setting, below our mattress by a couple of inches, with a pool noodle shoved in the gap. I decided to keep our crib on it's casters for help with changing either our bed sheets or the crib sheets, as I could roll it back and out of the way (sort of - still had to climb around it...but better than nothing!). However, we didn't have DD in there too much, would usually roll DS in when he climbed in during the night and was especially steamroller-ish. We have now put up double guard rails and we are all much happier with that and DD naps in the crib during the day.