PDA

View Full Version : what to do with all this fleece?

lumpofclay
07-31-2005, 07:18 PM
We had a local cotton mill go out of business several years ago, and their fleece was fantastic! So I had to go buy a bunch. I used some for blankets, but you only need so many blankets, yk? (and you can only give so many blankets as gifts!) So, now I have all this fleece and need some projects for it. I have 5 colors (lt & dk purple, baby blue, pale yellow, and brown). Each piece is about 3 yards long, but I'm not sure how wide. I know it's wider than 42". Any ideas?

MarynMunchkins
07-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Poncho's? :think You could make one for each of the kids. :shrug

Mother of Sons
07-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Hats, mittens, scarves, socks, pillows, toys.

lumpofclay
07-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Ooohhh. .. . good ideas so far! Thanks!

So what kind of toys could I make? I guess I can do a search for "fleece toys".

DH would probably love some fleece socks. They would also make good Christmas presents (for other people), if I had a clue about sizing!

Marielle
08-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Green Pepper makes a great fleece sock pattern that comes in a multi-size pack. Great for gifts and it has infant/toddler, child & adult sizes. :tu

boonpnutsmom
08-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Fleece People of Bears wouldn't be too difficult.

CelticJourney
08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
A great big floor pillow?

More blankets to donate to a shelter or hospital. I had some fleece left over from some projects that was too small for regular blankets, so I made small ones for the NICS for premies.

bostonsmama
08-03-2005, 08:49 PM
have you seen the fleece flip flops? like the eyelash trim, but they cut little strips of fleece and tie around the flip flops. theyre a lot cuter than they sound. fleece balls would be fun. i also like the poncho idea. diaper liners, pants for winter, the bear people would be cute too :)

lumpofclay
08-03-2005, 10:01 PM
:O With all these great ideas. . . do I need to go buy more fleece? :laughtears

Abinsmom
08-08-2005, 10:56 AM
How about the tie-fringe blankets (for lack of a better way to describe them) and donate them to a shelter? They're simple to make, no sewing required. Cut two identically-sized pieces of fleece, then cut equal numbers of fringe along each edge -- connect by tying knots between the top fringe and the bottom fringe!