PDA

View Full Version : Can we all fit in a king bed? (parents, toddler & baby?)

DogwoodMama
07-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Dh & I are seriously considering investing in a king bed... we are looking at a Simmon's Healthy Sleep bed with a zippered top for cleaning and a firm coil system. My hope is that it would be possible to have dd (would be 2.5) & the new baby in the bed... I might initially put the baby in a bassinet next to the bed if I felt it necessary. Does anyone else have this arrangement? :)

SingingPraise
07-31-2005, 12:54 PM
We sleep in a California King.
Dh and I, two dogs at the foot of the bed and in the middle of the night we're joined by our 5yo and our 2yo. And have been since the boy was born lol. So yep, its possible. We did a bassinet next to the bed, but he always ended up in bed with us anyway. We put the two kids in the middle and they loved it :) still do

DogwoodMama
07-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Hmmm... I wonder how much bigger a california king is than a regular king? Is it longer or wider? :think

That's good to know, Barb, thanks. :)

ArmsOfLove
07-31-2005, 12:59 PM
I can't imagine why not :shrug We fit with 3 children and two adults in the King sized bed--only moving one to the floor because she got tired of getting bumped while sleeping and likes more room :grin

Chris3jam
07-31-2005, 02:19 PM
We cannot afford a king bed, so I've been kicking around the idea of joining the boys' two twins, moving that into the master b'room, and putting the queen in the boys' room. The boys (and dog) always end up in one twin bed, anyway, if not ours. I'm SO sick and tired of being kicked out of bed, and losing sheets, etc.! I was told that putting two twins together like that was like having a California king. It *looks* like it will be big enough for us -- and we have a 7 yo and 2 yo, and every once in a while 9 yo that climb in with us. When dh goes to bed with the kids, dd almost always falls out! And I don't have room and need to sleep on the couch.

ArmsOfLove
07-31-2005, 02:20 PM
You could also do one of the twins next to the queen :)

sarahtar
08-07-2005, 03:10 PM
We've only got one right now, but we have a King and there's easily room for another kid in there with us. Depends on how much room you take up, I guess. DH takes up his whole half of the bed, and DS and I share the other half (this means that DS takes up about 3/4 of my half, and I get the other 1/4 of my half...so what's that, like 1/8 of the bed?)

The Tickle Momster
08-07-2005, 08:58 PM
We have a king bed with 2 adults, a 4 y/o, 2.75 y/o & 3.5 month old. We do have a crib side carred, but rarely use it. mostly the crib prevents falling out.

Heather Micaela
08-08-2005, 02:05 AM
we have fit mom, dad, 4 yo, 2 yo and one overweight cat in our QUEEN. (Notevery night usually DS sleeps in his own bed) So I'd say a king can be done easily

greenemama
08-08-2005, 05:35 AM
we do! not every night, but many. :hearts

nutmeggmama
08-09-2005, 03:15 PM
i second the side car crib arrangement (with any bed). We have a king with 2 adults and a 7 mo. Some nights the 3 yo pulls the allnighter with us. And the 3 and 4 yo are usually in by morning. The side car lets me know jonas isnt gonna tumble to the ground. We dont have it at the moment, and it makes me a wee bit nervous. With the side off the crib, its like an extention of the bed. A cosleeper, but cheaper!

but, yes, you will all fit fine in a king! and you will never go back!!!

kauaidee
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Actually I have no opinion we have a kind of spread out mattress arrangement at the moment. But I just wanted say Congrats on the pregnancy. I have to hang out here more often :) I'm behind on all the news :)