PDA

View Full Version : I made a wrap!

cannuke
07-30-2005, 01:04 PM
My favorite fabric store was going out of business :cry , but I managed to get some really good deals on fabric :tu .

I got some suiting fabric that's made of linen and made a wrap. It's 25 inches wide by 5 yards long. My worry now is that it won't fit. I tried it on (using one of my dolls! :O ) and almost couldn't get it done up.

That's because of my big pregnant belly, right? Please tell me that it's not too small!

Wonder Woman
07-30-2005, 06:27 PM
:giggle should be fine!

Jenne
08-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Yay! Congratulations. Wraps are wonderful. And it will fit just fine once your replace the belly with the baby. :)

Can Dance
08-04-2005, 08:34 PM
[Hey, you want to make me one? seriously? would it work in the back for a toddler? my friend and I were discussing this tonight, and me and sewing don't get along. but I think I need to get something for dd....
C

rachelmarie
08-04-2005, 08:56 PM
That's so cool that you made a wrap! I've been thinking about doing that. Can you explain how you made yours? It seems like it would be pretty simple, but I'm just wondering what you did. I can only sew a straight line with my sewing machine so if that is all it involves then I'm good to go! :)

cannuke
08-05-2005, 06:25 AM
It was SO easy! Check out these (http://www.wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=160) instructions.

The fabric that I bought was 60 inches wide and I bought a little over 5 yards (4.5m) of it. You just cut it lengthwise down the middle so you have two pieces that are each 5 yards long by 30 inches wide (bonus: you get 2 wraps out of that width fabric!). Then you hem all four sides. The first one that I made, I did a 1 inch hem (fold, press, fold again, press again, then stitch). For the second one, I got smart and borrowed a friend's serger! :giggle Way easier and faster!

In the end, you basically have a big long scarf that you wrap around you and baby!

rachelmarie
08-05-2005, 06:38 AM
It was SO easy! Check out these (http://www.wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=160) instructions.

The fabric that I bought was 60 inches wide and I bought a little over 5 yards (4.5m) of it. You just cut it lengthwise down the middle so you have two pieces that are each 5 yards long by 30 inches wide (bonus: you get 2 wraps out of that width fabric!). Then you hem all four sides. The first one that I made, I did a 1 inch hem (fold, press, fold again, press again, then stitch). For the second one, I got smart and borrowed a friend's serger! :giggle Way easier and faster!

In the end, you basically have a big long scarf that you wrap around you and baby!

Thanks! I think I just might go to the fabric store this weekend... like I need another way to carry my baby! :P~ It's so fun, though!

Jenne
08-05-2005, 11:50 AM
MumtoKira,

You don't have to sew at all! :) Instructions from the same site, here (http://www.wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=176) show you how to make a wrap withough sewing. I really like my knit wrap, give it a a try!