PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse?

sarahtar
07-30-2005, 11:46 AM
My MIL wants to buy DS an outdoor plastic playhouse. She bought one for her other grandkids (who are girls) and they LOVE it. Now, we are trying our hardest to work with the IL's on toys - they tend to buy too many and they all need batteries and are plastic.

I'm wondering of some of you parents of older boys can tell me if he'll be likely to play with the playhouse as much as my neices do. I mean, they have tea parties in there and play house and what not, but do little boys tend to be drawn to activities like that?

Marrae
07-30-2005, 11:56 AM
What about a wooden building. You can get plain sheds or ones like forts or castles. I would think your ds would get great play value out of that.

sarahtar
07-31-2005, 10:37 AM
But you do think it's something he'll use?

DogwoodMama
07-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I think so... boys could use it to play "fort", & other "boy" games in. I think a kid-friendly wooden structure with windows and doors would appeal to both genders. (no boys myself, but grew up with 2 brothers). All they need is a little imagination! :mrgreen

sarahtar
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
ALrighty! I found a neat wooden playhouse that can be disassembled by the child and reassembled into things like a puppet theater, etc... Also discovered playhut.com

My main concern with the plastic, besides it being plastic, is that it HAS to stay outside year-round. So we can't use it half of the year, and it'll just become a dirty home for pigeons. The wood one and the playhut ones can be brought inside.

Had DH mention them to MIL, who was happy to compromise with DH about the playhouse. (He had told her NO PLATIC PLAYHOUSE IN OUR BACKYARD.)