PDA

View Full Version : Homemade popsicles?

MamaKanga
07-30-2005, 05:23 AM
Does anyone make them? I want to try, but I'd like a recipe that results in something that's not hard, like the ones I made as a kid! I'd like it to be "bite-able" or I don't think my son will be pleased, lol. It doesn't have to be dairy free, but I would like it to be low/no sugar, sweetened with fruit or fruit juice.

Mother of Sons
07-30-2005, 05:26 AM
You can just use fruit juice. We do that. The kids love lemonade ones. The juice from cans of fruit is good too.

Mothering by Heart
07-30-2005, 09:02 AM
That's all we eat around here. I bought the molds at Target. We buy the juice at Costco. The best flavor we have found is the Newman's grape juice. :yum

kris10s
07-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I know you can use all sorts of fruits and purees, as well as chocolate or vanilla milk...

milkmommy
07-30-2005, 09:17 AM
We freeze smoothies here (ts one of the best ways I can get some nutrution in her)
f her favorite and mine
1/2 cup milk 1/4 container blueberry yogurt 1 bannana blend pour and freeze :yum
Deanna

momofmany
07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
We make them with mashed up fruit (usually strawberries and kiwi's) and add a couple heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt and some honey to taste. The texture is a little soft, so they're easy to bite into.