PDA

View Full Version : Does the craving ever really leave?? *worried look*

AKCristyMJ
07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
As in baby craving.

I mean that amnesia is so funny!!

During both my pregnancies I was like, "Well maybe we'll have more kids but only like 5yrs from now"
And then in those first months I was like, "No God, I can not do this again!! God?? Listen to me! No more! Adoption maybe, but I am done!"

But by that 1st birthday and with each month following with both my dd's I was like...."Hmmmm time to go chat with dh, the cravings are begining." :P~

By around 15mos and beyond dh has also gotten cravings more and more too.

So the other night we were up and discussing if the cravings ever leave?? Like would we really have 10 kids and always around that 15mos mark long for another??
Because certainly during those first mos him and I both were like, "Done!! 2 is plenty!!"
And now, lol, we are so mushy about Bethany and reminissing. lol :lol

So for any of you who did deside on quitting, did the craving go away??

Lady TS
07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
:popcorn

Waiting to hear from those who are "done" to see what they have to say, because I'm wondering the same thing. Dd is only 6 weeks old and I am enjoying her so much.

I don't ever want to stop having babies. At least, that's how I feel now. I might change my mind later--or my body will. :mrgreen

tiglet
07-25-2005, 03:25 PM
:popcorn

I have one. I always wanted just one. She's 13 mo. Sometimes I look at her and think "Oh, she's not a baby anymore - I'm never going to have a baby again!" but mostly, I just enjoy how she's growing and learning.

No strong "I need another" feelings here. My pregnancy was pretty rough, and the post-partum depression was horrible, so I think those are factors, too. All the pictures of me with her when she was 0-2.5 months, I'm a sober, sad person, holding this tiny baby, trying to look happy.

But we are happy now! Just the three of us. :)

joystrength
07-25-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't think they do. I have major baby-needyness sometimes, and my youngest is 21 months!

lil_ermine
07-31-2005, 08:00 PM
After Raven was born, I was like " I think I'll wait 5 or 6 years." But now we are doing every thing we can :hearts to be blessed again. :heart

odetta
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Before having any children, I wanted 4. After having Ds1, I was itching to try for the 2nd at 6mos, but waited until he was 2 to start ttc. By then, I was thinking we'd maybe only get to 3, since we got started late in life. After Ds2 was born, for the first month, I was "this is it! I'm done." because I was so overwhelmed. Then it started to get easier, and by the time he turned 1, I was talking to dh about a 3rd. But this time around, I have a very strong feeling that 3 is it for us, even though I know I will always love to be around small babies.

Maggie
08-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Cristy, it's funny you say that b/c I've been saying to myself, "No more kids!!" and I guess I figured I wouldn't change my mind about that, but maybe I will... :shrug

4blessings
08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I'd like to know. :shrug I have four and my youngest is 3.5, ***SOB***, yet I still really want another child. My DH couldn't be more "finished" having babies, but I'd still like one or two more. I go through phases. Sometimes I'm ok with being finished...other times I get really, really down thinking I'll never have anymore. :(

mamatogands
08-16-2005, 05:50 PM
someone once told me that there is always one more baby who wasn't born. :)
ds is nearly four months old, and I am craving another. Even though I HATE being pregnant.
:)

believer
08-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I am done because I am too old. I am 41 and dh is 49. Our children are 12 (mine from 1st marriage, and dh adopted her :heart), 6 and 3. I would love another baby, but we are too old and I had gestational diabetes and high blood pressure with the last two pg and we had dh get a vas. But, the craving has not really left. I love babies. sigh.

Iansmama
08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm with tiglet in that I keep wondering about the craving that everyone talks about...

Before Ian, I thought I wanted at least 3 children. And I loved being pregnant. But I do not have a desire to have another child. I keep thinking that the craving is going to hit me, but Ian is 2 1/2 and I still feel this way. Dh wants more, but not right away either, so I guess we still have time to see what happens!

Allison
08-31-2005, 04:11 PM
This is my last pregnancy, but I think I will always have baby fever from time to time in the future.

AKCristyMJ
08-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Ya know whats funny.....is now that I am pregnant I'm right back to demanding to dh that we wait 5yrs or so before pregnancy #4!!

You forget so much!!

It's like pregnancy is 9mos of worry and wondering and question marks and then baby comes and it's a big sigh of relief and you think, "Oh that wasn't so bad." or atleast most of us do eventually.
It's so worth in the end, but it's a long road getting there!

But man I hate it now, it's like every cramp I worry and then I have no idea if baby is ok, developing normally, and will stay in for 40wks, kwim??
I'm an emotional worrying roller coaster!! :hunh
Not that it ever really ends tho, even when baby comes.

So much you forget......

Ok so somebody show me this post a year from now!! Cuz probably around then I'll be baby craving again!!
Pleeeeease show me this!!! lol :laughtears

UltraMother
08-31-2005, 06:46 PM
#4 just turned 2 in May, and I've never had a baby hit 2 without being pg with the next one. I want lots more, but dh had a vas last year. :(

annetted
09-03-2005, 03:05 AM
I have very reluctantly made the decision not to have any more children. We had a very hard time falling pg in the first place (7 years of ttc and 2 miscarriages). So both of my boys were unexpected blessings. I don't even know if I could fall pg again. I would very much have liked to have had #3 but DH didn't. I'm now 40 and DH is 43. I've had pre-eclampsia in both pgs and now I'm older I don't think I want to risk it again. My youngest just turned 4 and I found that very hard and sad because he is definitely not a baby anymore (as he will tell you himself). I definitely have baby cravings and everybody at our church knows that if there is a new baby around I will probably be cuddling it.

So to overcome the baby cravings I've decided to go back to school next year and study to be a midwife. I'm hoping that if it is God's will for me I will be accepted for the course. There are only 30 places available and a lot of people wanting to do the course. I can't imagine a more joyous and fulfilling job than helping other women to experience the wonder of bringing their baby into the world :heart

rachel5
09-06-2005, 08:23 PM
:preg Well for me the craving has not gone anywhere......Since I had my first baby, it has just been there.....and I thought I would be the last person to get "the fever"......but I did and I don't regret it.....I enjoy being pregnant.....I want a :sling so bad right now I could :cry2 but all things in God's time....Our last son was born in 2001....so it has been a while for me.....

abbiroads
09-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I started wanting another when ds was around 6 mo. The I got pregnant unexpectedly and I started to wonder if I really did want another one. Too late now!

rachel5
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
:bear Hello Abbi,
That's o.k. My first two were close...Our 1st son was about 7 or 8 months old when we found out I was expecting again.... :congrats :jump on your little one on the way...