PDA

View Full Version : Mixed ideas about food?

Zoesmama
07-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm new to GCM I'm trying to go vegetarian. ITs been hard as dh refuses to go as well so I have to make meals that we both can have just add meat to his. I probably will eventually go nearly vegan and not eat eggs or dairy. I've been slowly getting accustomed to soy milk/yogurt as that is what dd has to have for dairy issues(allergy or lactose intolerance) and the hard part will be cheese. I use cheese in so many foods even if I'm not a big cheese eater it just seems off to omit them.

I'll be reading for some good meals that aren't all meat substituted. I prefer meals like spaghetti where I can simply not have meat on my portions.

Any others in family with mixed food ideas?? I was vegetarian for awhile in high school well nearly vegan as I didn't eat cheese and only had skim milk as it was the only that didn't leave me with upset tummy. I was eating that way almost 2 years. I usually had bean burrito for lunch but didn't watch nutrtion much I just simply didn't eat the meat my mom prepared. I ate the other stuff alone and I don't think it was too "healthy" nutrition wise because I was low on iron and still have been despite adding lots of beans on top of the teeny bit of meat I have been eating. Last night I took only a small ounce or so of steak gave half to dd she chewed it but then threw it on my plate apparently did not want it. I ate about 3 bites. Then lay in bed at night and could only see that meat as a nice beautiful cow. :cry

Anyway I hope to find lots of info here. I've already learned tons while lurking before my membership was approved. ;)

Punkie
07-26-2005, 10:10 AM
There was another thread on here about this not too long ago... I'll have to look it up. You're definitely not alone, though! Let me go try to find them and then I'll link for you!