PDA

View Full Version : Co-Sleepers

ShowersofBlessings
07-24-2005, 06:52 PM
I want to get one for when dd is born. (I can't believe I just typed dd :tu :eek :D) Does anyone have any recommendations and where I can get the best price for one? TIA :grin

Hopeful
07-25-2005, 04:05 AM
I just got a Arm's Reach Mini one for a brilliant price on ebay... I think I was really lucky though bc they're not well know at all here in the UK and also it was up for sale not for auction.
I know there were several up on the US version of ebay though.

Hope you find one. :heart

Sherra
07-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Depending on where you live: www.craigslist.org has saved me HUGE amounts of money.

I watched it like a hawk for stuff I wanted and got it for a fraction of the price.

Sherra

Dana Joy
07-26-2005, 10:39 AM
we were really unhappy with ours- (already sold it though) what did work for us is a crib matress on the floor next to our matress which was also on the floor with no boxspring or frame- thats a cheaper alternative

tigerlily
08-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I got the regular size arms reach and have enjoyed having it. We put dd in it a first, which helped with my fears of crushing her. Then for several months it just sat beside the bed as she wanted to sleep right next to me. Now she sleeps most of the night in it and then I move her to the bed at about 6 am for some extra sleep for us both. I don't know exactly what I'll do when she gets too big (won't be long, since she can almost crawl now)!

We got ours on ebay. It's hard to get a good deal as I find that anything that women bid on gets overbid and you're only paying $20 less than retail. :doh So you may really have to watch and if your willing to buy a non-popular color (anything other than natural) you might get a better deal. I've heard the mini is nice cause you can roll it from room to room, but I'm glad we got the large one, b/c dd likes to roll side to side and go in circles sometimes and would wake up if she hit the sides too frequently.

Hope this helps! Congrats on your "dd"!

kycanonist
08-27-2005, 06:39 PM
We're looking at the sleigh bed one for child #2 if we get PG... I'd like to know more about what ppl think of co-sleepers. I've had high praise from some ppl and not so much from others.

If you don't like it, what didn't you like about it???

Jacqui

Roses
08-27-2005, 10:51 PM
We had a mini co-sleeper with baby ds. He wasn't in it a ton, but it was good for me to know I could use it, and I felt better with that on the other side of him when he was right next to me nursing (I was very nervous in the beginning co-sleeping with him as a newborn, we hadn't slept in our bed with our older ds as a newborn, we held him in arms on the couch or in a chair, so having one actually in the bed was new). If I had to do it again, I wouldn't get it just because my ds was such a light sleeper in it that I don't feel we got our money's worth. We have a snug-tuck pillow on our bed that I would feel safe using with a newborn (it's a bed rail type thing, but not..explains it well, huh,lol). Ah, anyways, we got ours from I think it was www.babybungalow.com

kycanonist
11-15-2005, 08:04 AM
I think we are probably going to go with the mini arm's reach... it would fit the space we have and I think we just need to have the cosleeper... we didn't with DD and DH was constantly so worried about her and he often slept in another room so that the two of us could have the whole bed. I don't want that to happen again this time, kwim?

Radosny Matka
11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Nope, just wanted to say :congrats on the baby girl!