PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesn't scarpbook????

Roma
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has no interest in this fad? Regular photo albums are fine for me. I just visited relatives and friends and everyone has a scrapbook.

UltraMother
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM
I don't. I think they're kind of neat, but I have no interest in making them.

threecubs
07-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I don't. I think they're kind of neat, but I have no interest in making them.

This is me too. I like to look at them, but I have no desire to make them.

Lisa
07-22-2005, 03:23 AM
I'm also don't scrapbook. I love crafty things... right now I'm currently obsessed with knitting... but scrapbooking never appealed much to me.

gracefuljourney
07-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi,
My name is Cynthia
and I don't scrapbook!

Seriously, you would think I need a support group or counseling because I don't scrapbook.
I think maybe I would have gotten into it except for a friend who bombarded me with it all the time ... every time I saw her I had to see her new pages and her new books. It was just naseating! I also saw it consume her life and I vowed then that even memories would not become an idol to me ...
So, no scrapbooks for me. I am just now getting around to putting pictures into small, convenient for the children to hold and look at, albums.

Slowly but surely . .. .

RealLifeMama
07-22-2005, 05:04 AM
I don't.
And even worse, I don't even really take pictures!!!! I haven't had a picture I could hold in my hand for I don't know how long!
Occasionally we will print some out to send to a relative but not often.

Honestly, this scrapbooking thing is such a guilt thing for me. I never went through our honeymoon pictures and put them in an album because "An album is boring, I need to put them in a scrapbook!" and then never did, then I got behind, then I'd never catch up, LOL. I can't have any craft supplies in my house until I get it better organized. I'd love to stamp too but don't have anywhere to put materials.
I am not interested in digital scrapbooks.

Yes, everyone does it!!! And it is the Mom's night out activity of choice, too, it seems. I would rather go sit in a coffee shop and put my feet up, drink my outrageously expensive coffee drink and chat. Most moms here get free time and they want to crop! I told my friends last time we organized something if they wanted to do that, fine, but I'd sit and read a magazine and drink coffee while they worked.

DebraBaker
07-22-2005, 05:15 AM
I don't even quite know what scrapbook is.

db

MarynMunchkins
07-22-2005, 05:35 AM
I've done some digital stuff, but the thought of cutting up my pictures literally makes it hard for me to breathe. :giggle

All of my pictures are organzied nicely in albums, however. ;)

This Busy Mom
07-22-2005, 05:54 AM
the thought of little bits of this & that to organize makes me hyperventilate.

BethS
07-22-2005, 06:20 AM
I don't but not because I don't like it. I know I'd like it too much and don't want to invest all of my time and money. For now regular albums are great!

Meredith
07-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Nope, it doesn't interest me at all. Plus it's expensive.

Chris3jam
07-22-2005, 07:01 AM
I don't either. It just seems like it would take way too much time, and I would have to get more bins to organize more stuff, and I would have to make sure that I got all the coolest stuff ----- and then it will sit there for years (or until the fad is over). :hiding (no offense to anyone that does, I do think it is neat).

Gailmegan
07-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Add me to the non-scrapbooking list! I even have a huge box of pictures from the past 5 years that haven't even made their way into albums, let alone into a scrapbook. If I have free time, there are so many other things to do that are more important to me.

BearyBlessed
07-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Add me to the list too! Actually, Amy pretty much described exactly how I feel about it. ;)

My mom does scrapboook, though. So, I just benefit from her work! :)

Embracing Grace
07-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Nope, I'm not a scrapper either. :grin I'm not very crafty, although I have just learned how to knit, so that's pretty exciting!

tiglet
07-22-2005, 09:23 AM
I have no interest in scrapbooking. :)

I think they look beautiful, but I don't want to make one myself.

I don't even take pictures. And the 100s of pictures that dh takes are just stacked in a box, or filed on the computer...oh well!

I love other crafts, though. I'm obsessive about quilting, and enjoy calligraphy.

Lady TS
07-22-2005, 09:27 AM
. I would rather go sit in a coffee shop and put my feet up, drink my outrageously expensive coffee drink and chat.

Me too!

Roma
07-22-2005, 09:47 AM
well this is good to know. i do think it is a trend that willgo by the wayside in the future. i do like to take a lot of pictures, becasue i know my children, grandchildren, and great granchildren will treasure them. i don't print all the pictures i take though, a lot are just stored on discs.

eoconnel
07-22-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't either.

DogwoodMama
07-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I never did it UNTIL is discovered digital scrapbooking, which I really like. :O I tried a few times and just couldn't "get into it" with paper stuff. Digital is quick & easy for me. :shrug

Irene
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
um I guess Im in the middle. I buy the offbrand acid free albums just because Im concerned about ruining my photos. I keep most of my pics on discs until Im ready to throw them in an album. I crop a bit, but just so that I can get more pics on a page :blush because Im so cheap :shifty I like stickers so I put stickers on and write about it only because I love to write and I have something to write about with the pictures :giggle

but I dont go all ga ga about it and spend umpteen hours and money on it and stuff. I just like to look at my pictures in an album and not on my computer :lol I used to use the old sticky albums but they get old and all the pictures fall out and you can see them aging already- which is why I was convinced to use acid free. :shrug

efuego
07-22-2005, 03:13 PM
This is so great! I am not a scrapper. I have two friends that have their layouts put into magazines. Everytime we get together, I have nothing to say, because I hate scrapping!

I LOVE pictures, I have all the family photos for both of my parent's sides of the family. I love to put them into albums, but the frustrating thing about scrapbooking is that you only can put one or two pictures per page. I would never get them into albums at that rate. I also hate all the wasted paper resources, but that is my own thing. Anyways, it is nice to see that I am not the only one who is not into this fad.

I agree with the comment of wanting to sit and drink coffee instead. I could totally go for that or a nice beer or glass of wine. :)

booboo
07-22-2005, 05:44 PM
No, I don't scrapbook either. Funny, I work at a crafts store part time (looking for another job actually) and I deal with scrapbookers all the time. I do a lot of cross stitch, which in this store, it seems to be the forgotten craft! :rolleyes Okay mostly these days I make friendship bracelets. It's a good stress reliever, making all those knots. :mrgreen The idea of cutting up a perfectly good picture makes me nervous!

UltraMother
07-22-2005, 08:23 PM
:) We need a gcm coffee shop.

Miss Priss
07-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't because I don't have time... I have lots of pics I want to scrapbook, and some supplies, but no time.
I've been trying to find someone who is willing to do it for me for pay or for bartering something else.

cannuke
07-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Yes, everyone does it!!! And it is the Mom's night out activity of choice, too, it seems. I would rather go sit in a coffee shop and put my feet up, drink my outrageously expensive coffee drink and chat.

Sign me up when you get this coffee group going! :cup

I don't scrapbook either and I'm lucky if I take any photos while stuff is happening. :shrug I'd just rather be in the action than on the edge of it taking the photos.

DogwoodMama
07-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Julie, it's too bad you don't live near me, I'd do scrapbooking to help pay for your services as a doula! :)

Miss Priss
07-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Well, I'm not moving... but maybe you could. :lol