PDA

View Full Version : doing it

Joesmomma
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, I think with ds I did a modified sleep with him, I was new, scared, and nervous. This time, I feel more relaxed, and ok with our decisions of the care of our dd. While pg I decided to co sleep. I am not able to do it with dh, he is a light sleeper, and did try it with her again and he is not able to sleep, I wish, really wish he could. Maybe it is a mindset, but he is a light sleeper. Anyway. We are doing great, I feel so much more rested, and have actually woke up and nursed her before she is really awake, making going back to sleep better.
I know some of you may sleep this way, and i wondered, how do you not miss sleeping with dh?
My inital plan had been for us, all three to co sleep then put her in with ds when she was older *at least a year. WIth dh not able to sleep with her, I feel torn. I want to try it on the weekend, and see how dh does, I mean, let him see how it goes if she sleeps closer to me.
I also wondered, how do you do the leaking? When I have letdown, what she cant swallow leaks onto the bed, leaving stains on teh sheets. For now, we are using a futon, with a mattress pad, fitted sheet, and I fold the top sheet over and tuck it in at the top to prevent staining, the sheets are old ones.
For dressing her, since we are together, should i skip the onesies under the pjs?
In the morning, when ds gets up, if it is early, I used to go back to sleep with him in his bed, now with dd, I don't want to leave her, but want ds to go back to sleep, if I continue to put hin in our bed, do you think he will get used to her noises and be able to go back to sleep, I mean the little grunts?
Last night she nursed at 930, 130, 515, and 7 then again at 9. If she goes back to sleep I don.t change her unless she poops while eating, is this ok? I am using sposies until the few weeks of getting it together wears off.
Thanks for letting me ask.
Therese

Lady TS
07-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, I think with ds I did a modified sleep with him, I was new, scared, and nervous. This time, I feel more relaxed, and ok with our decisions of the care of our dd. While pg I decided to co sleep. I am not able to do it with dh, he is a light sleeper, and did try it with her again and he is not able to sleep, I wish, really wish he could. Maybe it is a mindset, but he is a light sleeper. Anyway. We are doing great, I feel so much more rested, and have actually woke up and nursed her before she is really awake, making going back to sleep better.
I know some of you may sleep this way, and i wondered, how do you not miss sleeping with dh?
My inital plan had been for us, all three to co sleep then put her in with ds when she was older *at least a year. WIth dh not able to sleep with her, I feel torn. I want to try it on the weekend, and see how dh does, I mean, let him see how it goes if she sleeps closer to me.
I also wondered, how do you do the leaking? When I have letdown, what she cant swallow leaks onto the bed, leaving stains on teh sheets. For now, we are using a futon, with a mattress pad, fitted sheet, and I fold the top sheet over and tuck it in at the top to prevent staining, the sheets are old ones.
For dressing her, since we are together, should i skip the onesies under the pjs?
In the morning, when ds gets up, if it is early, I used to go back to sleep with him in his bed, now with dd, I don't want to leave her, but want ds to go back to sleep, if I continue to put hin in our bed, do you think he will get used to her noises and be able to go back to sleep, I mean the little grunts?
Last night she nursed at 930, 130, 515, and 7 then again at 9. If she goes back to sleep I don.t change her unless she poops while eating, is this ok? I am using sposies until the few weeks of getting it together wears off.
Thanks for letting me ask.
Therese

Well, my dd is almost 6 weeks and dh has yet to sleep in the same bed with me/us. :( I'm hoping this doesn't become a permanent thing!
It does help me to get more sleep, though. Especially since I NEVER get a nap during the week with 4yo and 2yo boys to keep track of.

As far as the 'dribble' effect and what to do about that milk staining. I put a prefold under her head. Absorbent, who cares if it gets stained, and easily removable/changeable.

It's been so hot and humid here that, depending on the night, I either just put her in the baby bag thing or she sleeps in just her diaper.

I don't know how old your ds is, but I would be extremely careful having him in bed with your dd. I would definitely put your body between your ds and your dd in order to protect her. Kids don't have the same "mama instincts" to not roll over on a baby. As far as him being able to sleep thru her grunts.......maybe. Try it and see. ;)

I only change dd when I know that she has pooped, or her diaper feels really wet. Haven't had a problem yet. Now, I don't know how that will change if/when we do cloth at night. I might keep sposies around for nights only because I really value my sleep! Otherwise, I'll be doing cloth once I run out of this last bag of newborn sposies.