PDA

View Full Version : vent- now i know why they use sleep deprivation as torture

Dana Joy
07-20-2005, 10:56 AM
i am so foggy and unable to focus- i know that many of you may have it worse- multiples, younger babies, medical needs- but the last four nights have been torture. jess has slept w/ us since the beginning- but i ussually get plenty of sleep just wake up long enough to latch him on kwim. he's had little colds before and then i stay up w/ him and miss my sleep, but this thing he's doing now has me beat. he's got a bad cough, possible whooping cough, he wants to sleep, he wantsto be in bed w/ us. we lay down nurse to sleep- all looks good, i dooze off- then he's awake crying right as i start to get my rems in. i start the process over again- he cries cause my supply hasn't yet matched his new demand, i get up to walk him- he points at the bed- poor guy wants his sleep too. we lay down again- this time my milk comes in he gets to sleep- i get to sleep- AND WE GO THROUGH IT ALL AGAIN 20 MINUTES LATER. i think its worse since i keep on getting a little bit of sleep, complete lack of sleep would be better then this- isn't that what they do to pows let them think they are going to get their sleep then wake them up let me tell you very effective torture. :banghead

MarynMunchkins
07-20-2005, 12:16 PM
:hug

Sleep problems are hard...:(

Radosny Matka
07-21-2005, 07:09 PM
:hugheart

DogwoodMama
07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
:hug2

How are you doing now?

Dana Joy
07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
we've had two so- so nights but after the horrible nights they seem wonderful- with the weekend it'll be better since dh will get up with him too